Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass exodus at 2-0

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure I’ve ever seen an Albion away crowd evaporate before the end of a game as was the case when Spurs scored their second tonight.

The whole #Together-ness seems to be on the wane everywhere right now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe one to overlook given the bus replacement service with (perhaps) people looking to get home before 2.30am.

I did wonder how sick the leavers would have felt if we had managed a Palace style rally and scored 2 in added time to snatch a draw.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe one to overlook given the bus replacement service with (perhaps) people looking to get home before 2.30am.

I did wonder how sick the leavers would have felt if we had managed a Palace style rally and scored 2 in added time to snatch a draw.

That looked about as likely as a unicorn shitting on my nans tit. And she's been dead for eight years.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Speaks volumes about the tactics and the way we're playing. I understand that it's deliberate, but when it doesn't work, there's no point in sticking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Left on 81 and made the 22.47 from Vicky (standing room only). We were utter, utter garbage, which made the exit a bit easier. Thats the earliest I can ever remember leaving a game.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
To be fair, I left Upton Park with ten minutes to go once and it was a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday. The sixth goal had just gone in though. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I left Elm Park once so early I don't think I was still in Berkshire at the final whistle.

Oh and by jimminy it was the right decision.

The Optimist

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I stayed until the end as I live in London. My brother left a few minutes before the end and made it back to Haywards Heath for 11.22pm. He started work at 6am this morning so fair enough in my view.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Glory boys getting bored already :lolol:

Rubbish

I have been to every single game this season and left just after the second - first time I've left a game early since we lost 4-1 to Norwich away on a Tuesday night.

We were never, ever going to score once, let alone twice, and it meant we got home at a reasonable time.

I did feel a little bit guilty about not clapping the players off, but there you go. It made a massive difference to the time getting back.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The second goal was scored at 87' so not particularly early.
The Spurs fans were leaving at 80' when they were only 1-0 up.

I stayed because I travelled by coach, but didn't get home until after 1am, not helped by M25 closures. I'm fortunate in being retired, but sympathise with those who had to get up for work this morning.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m not criticising - I understand the reasons why - but I don’t recall it happening before, although I’m not as frequent an away traveller as many.

It did seem to be reflective of how many felt last night, particularly at half-time: “if the team can’t be arsed to try, then neither will I.”

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Glory boys getting bored already :lolol:

Glory boys are off. :xmas:

Mass-Exodus.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
From the view I had, the Spurs fans were leaving far earlier and bigger droves than the Albion fans.
Understandable for our fans who wanted to rush and see the stop and go boards and listen to that bell end on the mega phone, at Wembley Park!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here