Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass exodus at 2-0

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for that little nugget. Didn't know it existed.

Waze? Great sat nav/traffic app.

Took us on a bit of a magical mystery tour of London on the way there but largely kept us moving and arriving with loads of time to spare.

D

Deleted member 2719

That's a match i am glad i didn't have enough loyalty points for.

Did PB have a half and half scarf on???

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This is the exact reason that most of us left , we just managed to get the last train that wasnt a bus replacement at three bridges , needs must and all that eh ?

I left on the whistle and comfortably made the linkups to avoid the replacement bus. Other than losing a couple pounds by being compacted on the train it was all fairly smooth.

I do understand not wanting to take any chances though.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Waze? Great sat nav/traffic app.

Took us on a bit of a magical mystery tour of London on the way there but largely kept us moving and arriving with loads of time to spare.
Yea never heard of it until you mentioned it. May we should have a thread of useful apps.. [emoji4]

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
We left shortly after the second goal and managed to get the Metropolitan Line train to St Pancras where we were in time to pick up the 22:40 Thameslink Service. After Haywards Heath it was advertised to stop at all stations but it didn't, so there were about 50 or so angry people at Brighton station with the driver lucky not to be lynched! Brighton station staff organised taxis for everyone so we didn't get in till just after 1. Maybe that was our comeuppance for leaving ever so slightly early!

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
We stayed until the final whistle (in with the Spurs fans but right above the Albion who sounded in good voice which was in direct contrast to the 'home' fans).

Usual lines and stops up to Wembley Park, but once in the station, straight on the Metropolitan line and a train arrived - 20 mins to Ruislip. Straight on the to M40 and M25 in double quick time only to be utterly scuppered by the 4 into 1 lanes at J10/11, no exit at Leatherhead and M23 South exit also closed... came off at Reigate went back to Dorking and home at 1am with three snoring sons...only really feeling it now after a 6.30am get up! I'd better check out Waze.

Didn't feel we were overawed by being at Wembley and one and half fluke goals later we had nothing to show for a consdierably better showing in the second half. As Bozza mentioned, I would have been delighted with 17 points and 13th before the season began but we really need to get something out of (both of?) the next two games. Stay positive!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Really didnt want to get stuck on the rail bus from three bridges. Had no idea how long it would take to get to from wembley to victoria. 2-0 down 3 minuets of the 90 left and i was absolutely frozen. Seemed a sensible time to leave.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I stayed to the end and clapped the team off. I was watching a team of players that tried but were not good enough, not their fault so clapped their effort. But then I only had to get back to Reading, i parked my car about 10 mins from Wembley. Do not blame a single person from leaving, if I had been using the trains or had a longer journey I would have done that too. There was not a sniff that we would actually score a goal and when they scored the second the game was over as a contest.

Those who attended were heroes, as we were playing a top side and could have been on a thrashing,then the travelling chaos and then the bad weather,there were so many other options

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to be honest, left when the second goal went in. Had to queue at Wembley Park, albeit not for too long. Just got to St Pancras for the 10:40 Thameslink to Burgess Hill only to find the dumb driver sailed through to Brighton having stopped at Haywards Heath. No announcements on the way until we left H/H and the info system announced next stop Brighton. About 30/40 passengers left on the concourse at Brighton but to be fair, taxis back to Hassocks and Burgess Hill were laid on.

As for the game, we were undone by two lucky goals.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Which I think is what's got NSC in all of a tizzy recently.

My guess is instead of (all of us) snatching hands off for 13th, you'd have assumed we'd be 4 points off a relegation place by mid December.
Meaning with the false position has come false hope, and false 'delusions of greatness'.

I'd hazard a guess the team is about where the majority thought they would be in terms of the relegation places, but are actually more surprised by the amount of dross keeping them company.

You are spot on, so many supporters seemed to think we were going to carry on the results we had achieved in the Championship,the fact is we have to pick up the odd point from the clubs mid-table or below and have to play a very defensive game,by the end of the season we will be looking back to those entertaining games in the Championship

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Stayed until the end, endured the stop/go, caught the tube, 23:20 to Worthing/Arundel, got off a Preston Park Stn, walked home in bed by 01:30 awake at four to get ready for work. This was standard fare when travelling home from Barnsley, Halifax, Hartlepool, Huddersfield, Blackburn or Hull to name but a few on a Tuesday night. Draw your own conclusions from that little lot [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We left shortly after the second goal and managed to get the Metropolitan Line train to St Pancras where we were in time to pick up the 22:40 Thameslink Service. After Haywards Heath it was advertised to stop at all stations but it didn't, so there were about 50 or so angry people at Brighton station with the driver lucky not to be lynched! Brighton station staff organised taxis for everyone so we didn't get in till just after 1. Maybe that was our comeuppance for leaving ever so slightly early!
Left sharpish on the final whistle and caught that TL at West Hampstead.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That’s made me feel better for missing it as I got home just after 1 as well.

Might I ask why you’d change at St Pancras, though, when Farringdon has adjacent platforms?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here