Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There was always going to be a run like this...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...and it could have been before December, thankfully it wasn't.

Fixtures so tough this month, Huddersfield was a shocker and realistically means we could really do with 4 pts minimum from Burnley and Watford.

Genuinely felt and said before we left a few points out there given how well we played against some lesser teams, especially Everton, maybe Southampton, Bournemouth away, that could yet cone back to haunt us IMHO but what a battle in prospect.

The lads are giving it their all. Tonight was another sickener, Duffy and Dunk kept Kane pretty quiet, their (pitiful) crowd was turning and then just like at Man Utd a freakish, fluky goal changes everything.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Fixtures so tough this month, Huddersfield was a shocker and realistically means we could really do with 4 pts minimum from Burnley and Watford.

Genuinely felt and said before we left a few points out there given how well we played against some lesser teams, especially Everton, maybe Southampton, Bournemouth away, that could yet cone back to haunt us IMHO but what a battle in prospect.

The lads are giving it their all. Tonight was another sickener, Duffy and Dunk kept Kane pretty quiet, their (pitiful) crowd was turning and then just like at Man Utd a freakish, fluky goal changes everything.

Agree that the problems are the points dropped at Watford, Bournemouth and home to Everton, Saints etc. Pleased we played better tonight, but we were not in with a chance to get points. Pressure on against Burnley and Watford - two good teams.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

The only thread where someone is talking sense and it's been ignored!!!!???

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The target in the summer was 17th, I think all right minded fans had that in mind.

We then didn't get a striker signed in August, and we were largely all saying we're doomed, BUT, if we can just manage to stay in touch and make that signing in January, then 17th is still possible.

Now look at us, moaning and criticising, and suggesting Hughton's time is now at an end, with us sitting in, 13th! Honestly, some people need to get a grip.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The target in the summer was 17th, I think all right minded fans had that in mind.

We then didn't get a striker signed in August, and we were largely all saying we're doomed, BUT, if we can just manage to stay in touch and make that signing in January, then 17th is still possible.

Now look at us, moaning and criticising, and suggesting Hughton's time is now at an end, with us sitting in, 13th! Honestly, some people need to get a grip.

Spot on. Agree with every word.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No! No! No! Sack Hughton! Get the new man to play with five up front ever game! Get Bloom to sell to the Chinese so they can properly invest! Sack Barber and the useless recruitment team who've never signed anybody any good!

*Froth froth chunter chunter*

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's all OK but the chief concern is the home results. All draws against strugglers -

Palace
Stoke
Southampton
Everton

Last win Sept 24th

Major concern this.

Now is the time to dust it down and start again , Back to back home games where we simply need a win out of them minimum.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not at all worried.

We've just play 3 of the top 6 and got nothing from any of the games. The 5-1 was chastising, but I didn't feel the scoreline reflected the nature of the game (even if we didn't deserve to win). The Man U game, we should have taken a point from. Even the Spurs game, whilst we didn't deserve anything (no surprises really) wasn't a whitewash.

It's just Huddersfield where we made a big error. We set up wrong.

It's not results against the top 6 we need to be looking at. It's those against everyone else. And in that league, we are doing fine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not at all worried.

We've just play 3 of the top 6 and got nothing from any of the games. The 5-1 was chastising, but I didn't feel the scoreline reflected the nature of the game (even if we didn't deserve to win). The Man U game, we should have taken a point from. Even the Spurs game, whilst we didn't deserve anything (no surprises really) wasn't a whitewash.

It's just Huddersfield where we made a big error. We set up wrong.

It's not results against the top 6 we need to be looking at. It's those against everyone else. And in that league, we are doing fine.

Not worried about league position (still better than I would have expected at the start of the season), definitely not worried about defeats against Man U, Liverpool or Spurs but am worried about lack of goals, or even decent chances (so not just a striker problem, it's a creating problem too) and the number of basic errors that have appeared in the last few games.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not worried about league position (still better than I would have expected at the start of the season), definitely not worried about defeats against Man U, Liverpool or Spurs but am worried about lack of goals, or even decent chances (so not just a striker problem, it's a creating problem too) and the number of basic errors that have appeared in the last few games.

Fair point. We'll need to see that stat shift against different opposition on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here