Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Is AK good enough for the prem or just a liability?

Is AK good enough for BHAFC?

• Yes. He's just going through a tough time at the moment like the rest of the team.

Votes: 140 85.9%
  • No he's a waste of space and starting to show his true colours.

Votes: 23 14.1%

• Total voters

Follow That Seagull

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere in Sussex
Now i was thinking about how to approach this but i'll come right out with it.

Is AK good enough for the premier league or a liability with a bad attitude in TB's payrole?

How the same could be said about half our players too but today i just wanted to focus on AK

What are your thought's on AK? Was he able to make the step or have we been fooled?

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Where's the middle option for "he's clearly capable of becoming a consistent performer in this league but, like a toy sealed in its box, he's stuck on 'Try Me' mode"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He was a proper bellend tonight. Sulking all over the place.

At one point CH told him to get up off the floor after a dive

March was quality

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wrong to single him out because he shows aggression when things aren’t going his way, at least he gives a sh!t unlike some players like Brown.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
Feels like he's never managed to find form after his pre-season injury. Right now, he's
Not justifying his spot in the team but undoubtedly he's a fantastic talent. I also think he's been impacted by Bruno's lessened mobility as those over lapping runs last year haven't been as prevalent for much of this season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Did himself no favours tonight, certainly his petulance and frustration gets better of him. Sad to say after half a season he appears to be ‘just’ a very good tier 2 player. Nice move midway through 1st half but that was all. And that’s not anywhere good enough at this level love him as we all do.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thought he was our brightest spark tonight till march came on. Needs to curb his frustration and temper at times.
Might just be me but I’d be interested seeing Izquierdo through the middle, march and AK wide with grob a bit deeper as part of a middle 3 but allow the 3 attacking players a bit more of a freedom to attack. I think the 3 have the pace and ability with decent service from the middle of the park and it would hopefully free Propper and Grob to make runs into the box and leave Stephens sitting in.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He's a brat and when thing's are going his way a divisive member of the squad.

I actually think his work rate is fine and accept he will provide a lot less than last season, but he needs to chill out. He's an emotional player but if he can't keep that in check he's useless to us. Awful discipline. He needs to calm down, keep on working and remember it's a team effort. Perhaps get GM to slap him about a bit.

Rough with the smooth.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wrong to single him out because he shows aggression when things aren’t going his way, at least he gives a sh!t unlike some players like Brown.
No one singling him out, this is as much about his temperament as performance. He’s not PL quality but then, who is in our team? Perhaps Ryan, who made an outstanding save from Kane’s free kick to push onto the post. And we got lucky with rebound.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
No one singling him out, this is as much about his temperament as performance. He’s not PL quality but then, who is in our team? Perhaps Ryan, who made an outstanding save from Kane’s free kick to push onto the post. And we got lucky with rebound.

Dunk, Duffy, Propper and Gross are. March too. Jose potentially.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Outstanding save? Was you at the game or did you watch on a stream? I watched it online and Ryan got cursed by the commentators for letting the ball slip through his hands and the ball hitting the post, was more luck than a good save.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I think part of the reason why AK isn't playing to his best is that he has to defend more around our box and when he get the ball is too far back and has to run further just to get to the half-way line.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
One of our better players tonight. Broke forward with pace. Let’s be honest there was nothing really in the final third so find it bizarre he’s being singled out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here