Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Is AK good enough for the prem or just a liability?

Is AK good enough for BHAFC?

• Yes. He's just going through a tough time at the moment like the rest of the team.

Votes: 140 85.9%
  • No he's a waste of space and starting to show his true colours.

Votes: 23 14.1%

• Total voters

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Still one of the most composed players we have and made a number of forward runs tonight that worried the opposition even if they didn't come off. Guaranteed start for me in the face of little opposition. Has still been playing better than José who I personally think has been very poor in most games but seems to be a star in most people's eyes.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
AK was great at Old Trafford.

I'm not sure it was a dive when the ref waved play on and Spurs scored from that attack. He got booked for arguing the point which would be very strange for an outright dive.
And I think he is better defensively than Jose who made two mistakes for the first goal and better going forward that Jose as well. So he must be worth a spot in the time.

And FWIW March seems much better defend it and going forward to either of them.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Having seen Rajiv Van la parra play for us and look nowhere near good enough for the Championship - he seems to do OK in the Orem. AK is a much better player, needs to get his head in the right place maybe, but certainly good enough

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Having seen Rajiv Van la parra play for us and look nowhere near good enough for the Championship - he seems to do OK in the Orem. AK is a much better player, needs to get his head in the right place maybe, but certainly good enough

RVP is often a sub. And he was definitely good enough for the Champ when he played for us. A good loanee, contributed goals and assists.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
He is good enough for the prem. Same as all our players we are finding it harder that's natural. Some people forget when promoted we play against better teams. It was always gonna be this way.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
He's doing fine. Obviously he's not going to have the same impact as last year because those sort of stats in this league would make you one of the best in the world. Definitely being hamstrung by the amount of defending we have to do and given he's tending to break forward in splendid isolation with everyone being pinned so far back the options for a pass are much reduced. Though that being said he really does need to get his head up early and realise that at this level you have to release the ball quickly or the chance of a counter has gone in most cases, certainly frustrating that element of his game. Think any neutral watching can see he's still having more impact and getting past players than most in our side, think maybe we expect too much of him.

As an aside someone really needs to teach Solly March how to cross the ball because he'd be outstanding if only he could find one of our players for once. I think it's a real weakness in his game and over the last few seasons I really can't think of many assists at all which is poor from a winger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Knocky (like Solly) was a good Championship player. He is now playing in the PL, which is much harder - yes, he has made the step up to being a PL player, but he is essentially a lower/mid-table PL player, not one who's regularly going to set the division alight.
Ultimately, every team needs to keep improving, so yes, at some time, we will need to replace him with someone better. He'll do for now though - he's just not quite the big star he was last season. How he responds to that will be crucial.

Clearly our best player tonight

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Knockaert was really disappointing tonight. He has me worried.

One of our better players tonight. Broke forward with pace. Let’s be honest there was nothing really in the final third so find it bizarre he’s being singled out.

Funny how people see things differently.

I thought he was getting back towards his best

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Personally i think the passing of is father hit him far worse than we realize as he's not. Well in my opinion been the same player since his passing.

AK's Dad must've been a massive influence in relation to his football. AK probably had his Dad watch his every game from grassroots level right up to being the star man at the Amex. Maybe the lose of his Dad has taken some passion out of AK's love for the game? It's as if he's lost that mindset of wanting to entertain and stand out. Now, it seems like he's happy just to do his job. He's been like this for a while, not just from the beginning of this season either.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For me, the biggest issue is tactical. We simply aren’t set up to score goals. We play a very flat and deep 442 with the front two often totally isolated. The wingers are often being asked to be auxiliary full backs and the central midfielders rarely break beyond the half way line. That makes it incredibly difficult to supply or support your forward players and means that you heavily rely on moments of individual brilliant. However, because our midfield and defence is often so deep, it restrict our ability to play the ball quickly in behind the opposition, meaning that our creative attacking players lack the best opportunities to really expose opposition weaknesses. In this regard, Knockaert is suffering much more than anyone else as he’s being marked by two or three men most games, as soon as he gets the ball in anything lik a threatening position. Either that, or he receives it in such a deep position that he has to try and wriggle or play out just to get close to a dangerous position (and you can’t do that easily at this level). I suspect if he was playing in a more attacking side than ours, he’d look like the player he has the ability to be at this level.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How can we tell whether he’s up to it? You can’t judge a winger fairly in a team that’s defending all the time. Stick him in the Arsenal side and, although he wouldn’t be one of their best players, I’m sure he’d look at home at this level.

One thing’s for sure, all this writing off of the players can only be unhelpful if it spreads to the attitude at the Amex.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Outstanding save? Was you at the game or did you watch on a stream? I watched it online and Ryan got cursed by the commentators for letting the ball slip through his hands and the ball hitting the post, was more luck than a good save.

Yeh. I heard that. The commentators were talking shit on that occasion. He did well to get down to it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
AK's Dad must've been a massive influence in relation to his football. AK probably had his Dad watch his every game from grassroots level right up to being the star man at the Amex. Maybe the lose of his Dad has taken some passion out of AK's love for the game? It's as if he's lost that mindset of wanting to entertain and stand out. Now, it seems like he's happy just to do his job. He's been like this for a while, not just from the beginning of this season either.

They need to get the sports shrink in fast then!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here