Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 worst than us.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Are there 3 worse than us? I dont think so in fact I am struggling to think of who will replace us when we hit the bottom spot, probably during January.

Have to agree with you. We haven’t got a good enough squad in depth. We did get off to a good start, however CH is very limited in his squad rotation, not helped by having two slow strikers who are alike. I really think we have missed a Sam Baldock to offer something different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree with you. We haven’t got a good enough squad in depth. We did get off to a good start, however CH is very limited in his squad rotation, not helped by having two slow strikers who are alike. I really think we have missed a Sam Baldock to offer something different.

They are saving Sam to be our “like a new signing” in February when we have failed to sign another striker :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are saving Sam to be our “like a new signing” in February when we have failed to sign another striker :wink:

What is exactly wrong with Sam? is he fit? Is it CH trying to prove a point and showing his lack of tactical nous in the league? Yesterday was crying out for somebody quick on the ground to go past their 2 CBs rather than a cumbersome Murray or Hemed who are both much too slow to go past defenders.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Lawro is still saying we'll be fine and I am still with him on that. A couple of wins will ease the tension. Recent run includes Man U, Liverpool & Spurs so forget the x points from last y games stats. We are on course for 38 from 38, which will be enough.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
At one point 2 of the three looked like being Palace and West Ham. But I always thought that they had some decent players and the 'new manager bounce' was enough to give them both momentum. Watford have hit poor patch, WBA look weak and Swansea are loitering near the bottom and might get stuck there I think we'll defo be in the mix though.

Yoda

English & European
38 points be enough you think.

It normally is, you don't often need the magical 40 points anymore in the Premier League. As for three worse than us, all you have to do is currently look at the bottom 3 for them. Could even add Stoke into that until they will no doubtedly sack Hughes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At one point 2 of the three looked like being Palace and West Ham. But I always thought that they had some decent players and the 'new manager bounce' was enough to give them both momentum. Watford have hit poor patch, WBA look weak and Swansea are loitering near the bottom and might get stuck there I think we'll defo be in the mix though.

Which is where most peeps (if they are honest) though we would be....and always aiming for 16th ...after all where would be the fun in mid table mediocrity :whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given that he's fit now and CH doesn't think he should be in the current 18 then probably not.

Ye but we all knew what IG meant...and he was on the bench last Saturday :)

On a more serious note (and i don't often criticise players) but after yesterdays little cameo IB might as well be replaced by a member of the public :moo:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What is exactly wrong with Sam? is he fit? Is it CH trying to prove a point and showing his lack of tactical nous in the league? Yesterday was crying out for somebody quick on the ground to go past their 2 CBs rather than a cumbersome Murray or Hemed who are both much too slow to go past defenders.

Out of Hemed, Izquierdo, and Brown - who would you have dropped yesterday to include him ?
He was on the bench v Hudds when Knockaert was rested.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of Hemed, Izquierdo, and Brown - who would you have dropped yesterday to include him ?
He was on the bench v Hudds when Knockaert was rested.

Simple Brown although h did well when he came on but Baldock offers us more than him. Also Iziquierdo although costing our record fee has not pulled up any trees as we do not play to his strengths and what made him a success in Belgium..

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
We really MUST BEAT Watford at home now!

Just remember what a difficult run-in we face at the end of the season, don't see any miracles happening wit Spurs, Man U & Liverpool in 3 of our last 4 fixtures.

For what it's worth I dont think you'll go down, although it would please me tho ;)
As you can see with our run of form it's all to do with confidence and luck , we've had ours recently and a great performance at Leicester yesterday but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to get tonked at Swansea next Sat .

Long way to go peeps.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
For what it's worth I dont think you'll go down, although it would please me tho ;)
As you can see with our run of form it's all to do with confidence and luck , we've had ours recently and a great performance at Leicester yesterday but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to get tonked at Swansea next Sat .

Long way to go peeps.

I'd say that is right, 'Confidence, luck' but more importantly quality!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We really MUST BEAT Watford at home now!

Just remember what a difficult run-in we face at the end of the season, don't see any miracles happening wit Spurs, Man U & Liverpool in 3 of our last 4 fixtures.

Even worse, take a look at our last 10 fixtures

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Think it will be Swansea, Newcastle, and Stoke.
We've given ourselves a chance, but we don't need any more injuries.
Your run in seems tough, and only scoring 1 in 5 games (?) isn't helping the jitters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here