Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women will play in Womens Super League 1 next year (probably)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All good stuff - with the exception of playing at Crawley.

This has all been done rather hastily by the FA (IMO), and seeing as, apart from Crawley, Sussex doesn't have a second stadium of 2,000 (with a view to raising it to 6,000) that's available, the club is screwed for a venue. So, hopefully this is only a stopgap consideration.

I'm wondering whether for a long-term consideration that Lancing (Sussex FA) or Lancing (training ground) can be enhanced / developed...?

Withdean?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You're not helping yourself with phrases like 'PC brigade', 'trendy', 'modern thinking', 'liberal guardian reading types' - as if those phrases have any meaning. Your main argument in this instance seems to be you don't like women playing football. Or more obviously, you don't like women.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I've long supported, or at worst, taken a passing interest in every Brighton & Hove Albion team.

As for guests on the Albion Roar - what does that have to do with anything? We've had guests on from the women's set up over the past five or six years. The fact that you don't know implies you don't listen in - so therefore what does it have to do with you?

Couldn't care less if women want to play football, but i don't like the way certain sections of the media try and elevate it to the same status as the mens game. For example having women's football news on the BBC Football site, should be on a separate site dedicated to womens football.

Ah mate I love women, don't like those awful butch footballer types though, Hope Powell really doesn't do it for me!!!

Ha ha exactly 'womens football guests for the last 5 or 6 years' !!! Backs up what i was saying about you being a trendy bandwagon jumper liking womens football as its the 'done' thing to do for the guardian / independent anti Tory brigade. If you taken a 'passing interest' in every Albion team why not have women's football types on the roar back in say 2008??

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You're not helping yourself with phrases like 'PC brigade', 'trendy', 'modern thinking', 'liberal guardian reading types' - as if those phrases have any meaning. Your main argument in this instance seems to be you don't like women playing football. Or more obviously, you don't like women.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I've long supported, or at worst, taken a passing interest in every Brighton & Hove Albion team.

As for guests on the Albion Roar - what does that have to do with anything? We've had guests on from the women's set up over the past five or six years. The fact that you don't know implies you don't listen in - so therefore what does it have to do with you?[/QUOTE]

you hate people disagreeing with your opinion....Cant you have a debate without getting childish about it?

Exactly this. He always gets childish if someone dares to challenge his oh so trendy liberal views, called me 'pitiful' on here recently because i dared to express an opinion which dared to differ from his.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly this. He always gets childish if someone dares to challenge his oh so trendy liberal views, called me 'pitiful' on here recently because i dared to express an opinion which dared to differ from his.

The Lefties are always correct (in their opinion) and don't like anyone else airing their views. I'm very much to the right of centre, but am quite happy to listen to the opinions of the left .... but not for too long though!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has a topless football league been suggested to increase popularity? It worked for darts back in the 90s.

boik

Couldn't care less if women want to play football, but i don't like the way certain sections of the media try and elevate it to the same status as the mens game. For example having women's football news on the BBC Football site, should be on a separate site dedicated to womens football.

Ah mate I love women, don't like those awful butch footballer types though, Hope Powell really doesn't do it for me!!!

So women are only of any value if they turn you on? Luckily for them I think that would be the last thing they'd want.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Far to violent , though i have applied to be a kit man to all 16 clubs .

lfl-punch.gif

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or Hove Park? Hardly any interest in Women's football despite what the BBC and the Guardian claim. Would wager 99% of Brighton fans couldn't name one Albion woman's team player. Should be a seperate 'Womens NSC' forum so it doesn't clog up the mens NSC. Awaits flaming from the usual PC brigade suspects.....
Either we're a football club or we're not. Perhaps if you had a daughter who loved the game you'd modify your stone age views.

I'm actually don't understand why they don't play at the Amex and be done with it? It's either wear and tear on the pitch or running costs of the stadium. If it's wear and tear on the pitch, I'm surprised. I was on the pitch after the Wigan game and it was like a carpet - comfortably able to cope with another team playing there. Besides, mens football is littered with examples of ground sharing so it can be done. And if it's running costs, I think the club need to show a bit more ambition and faith - open up the west stand only, make it £5 entry to anyone with an existing Premier League season ticket and I reckon we'd see gates of 3,000+ in the top league pretty quickly.

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
Withdean's worth discussing. It's so obvious that it must have been suggested and for some reason rejected. Anyone know why?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Either we're a football club or we're not. Perhaps if you had a daughter who loved the game you'd modify your stone age views.

I'm actually don't understand why they don't play at the Amex and be done with it? It's either wear and tear on the pitch or running costs of the stadium. If it's wear and tear on the pitch, I'm surprised. I was on the pitch after the Wigan game and it was like a carpet - comfortably able to cope with another team playing there. Besides, mens football is littered with examples of ground sharing so it can be done. And if it's running costs, I think the club need to show a bit more ambition and faith - open up the west stand only, make it £5 entry to anyone with an existing Premier League season ticket and I reckon we'd see gates of 3,000+ in the top league pretty quickly.

I always assumed that they did play at the Amex. Moving to Crawley is surely going to decimate what little crowds they had?

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

The pitch is in such good shape because there's only been 9 games played on it in 5 months. Think of the state it used to get in by December and January in a Championship season. Besides, an empty Amex would be completely devoid of atmospheres as you would barely fill the VIP section for most games, unless they played topless.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Or Hove Park? Hardly any interest in Women's football despite what the BBC and the Guardian claim. Would wager 99% of Brighton fans couldn't name one Albion woman's team player. Should be a seperate 'Womens NSC' forum so it doesn't clog up the mens NSC. Awaits flaming from the usual PC brigade suspects.....

I'm not a member of the PC brigade as you call it, and as such will say something in-PC - you are an arse!

As far as I was aware this is a Brighton Football Club forum and as such talk about things related to BHAFC, the women's team is part of the Brighton family so gas a place here!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The pitch is in such good shape because there's only been 9 games played on it in 5 months. Think of the state it used to get in by December and January in a Championship season. Besides, an empty Amex would be completely devoid of atmospheres as you would barely fill the VIP section for most games, unless they played topless.

I was talking about in April, immediately after the Wigan game. At that time, they had just played 90 mins of football, which was also the 3rd game in 2 weeks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here