Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Peter Kay CANCELS UK Tour

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there was a really strange tweet/facebook post this morning on his fans page. it showed a scan of a baby in the womb eating garlic bread with the tag line, "we are expecting."

it seemed very odd at the time.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The best comedian by a long way of his generation. Should be awarded a CBE or OBE (if he hasn't got one recently).

Love Phoenix Nights, got all his stand-up videos and Car Share was a feel good show that he and the girl, Kayleigh, bounced off each other with great chemistry. The smut is cleverly hidden and he rarely swears.

Hope all is well with the big fella and all his family. Legend. :thumbsup:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'd imagine if you've paid £2k or something silly for the tickets you may well just be feeling a little sick now

I really can't get my head around why someone would pay this for a stand-up when it is the one live entertainment sector where you are guaranteed that it will come out on DVD for the Christmas market! Is it the "Facebook-ification" of society driving the need to say "I was there and you weren't" !?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Loved his sitcoms. Phoenix Nights was genius.

Never liked his stand up shows. Bought my brother a twin pack DVD of his a few years back. One show in Manchester and one in Blackpool. It was literally the same show just in a differently venue. Couldn't believe it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I really can't get my head around why someone would pay this for a stand-up when it is the one live entertainment sector where you are guaranteed that it will come out on DVD for the Christmas market! Is it the "Facebook-ification" of society driving the need to say "I was there and you weren't" !?

That's a very astute observation but as you suggest not so applicable to other sectors such as bands or solo artists. People will still shell out big money to see their fave artist particularly when they haven't played in the UK for a while. Back in October I paid £96 for a seated Metallica ticket at the O2 since they hadn't done a UK arena tour since about 2008. It was great but really on the border line of what could afford. And the reality was a lot of people were like minded as the two gigs broke the all time attendance records at the O2. However I would have never paid silly money for secondary market ticket as this effectively feeds the disgrace that is the likes of Viagogo and Getmein.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here