Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Corned beef and MARMITE

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Coleslaw is always a winner. I have it with a full English. As long as you keep it away from the bean sauce and egg yolk, keep it tucked behind the sausages. Heaven.

I'll stick coleslaw on anything almost, especially beans on toast (but then I do have a slice of ham on the toast with it and grated cheese and douse it all in Worcester Sauce trying keep all the ingredients a bit separate)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Started making my sandwiches for lunch, this morning, resigned to cheese and marmite as nothing else in.

Went to the fridge for the cheese (after spreading on the butter and marmite) and discovered a pack of corned beef I'd forgotten about. Considered writing off the bread I'd started, but no - MAVERICK that I am, I went for it.

Its ****ing horrible.

Ewwww that doesn’t sound good at all.

I often treat myself to the perfect Crumpet Lunch, once toasted lightly, add butter & marmite to said crumpets then back under grill with some grated cheese on top for a few more mins. Lunch of Kings

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Started making my sandwiches for lunch, this morning, resigned to cheese and marmite as nothing else in.

Went to the fridge for the cheese (after spreading on the butter and marmite) and discovered a pack of corned beef I'd forgotten about. Considered writing off the bread I'd started, but no - MAVERICK that I am, I went for it.

Its ****ing horrible.

would love that

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Coleslaw is always a winner. I have it with a full English. As long as you keep it away from the bean sauce and egg yolk, keep it tucked behind the sausages. Heaven.
Wtf

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Its ****ing horrible.

Face it, that was ALWAYS going to be the case.

You'll be disappointed with that combination of sandwich fillings.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Its ****ing horrible.

Wimp :wink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Believe it or not, I loathe and detest corned beef. Ever since my army days I guess, when it was with everything.
Marmite on its own would've sufficed as a presentable sandwich lunch. Enough sustenance so you didn't starve and enough aftertaste so you didn't experiment ever again

I was introduced to corn beef toastie in the old breville machine, whilst in my RAF days.
You'd eat anything on nights :thumbsup:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Due to this thread I've just had corned beef, tomato and salad cream in a crusty white roll,
just like my mum used to make when we were kids.

I got the corned beef from the deli counter rather than out of the tin though

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Due to this thread I've just had corned beef, tomato and salad cream in a crusty white roll,
just like my mum used to make when we were kids.

I got the corned beef from the deli counter rather than out of the tin though

Ah salad cream not had in years. Used to get the best chicken, salad, and salad cream fresh sarnies with some pepper, I think the place opposite where I worked was called the Galley it was/is? on Church Street

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Cook some gnocchi up, and then stir in some hoi sin sauce. Surprisingly tasty.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Toasted CB and Branston. Mmmm.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Four pages and no one has mentioned the only thing corn beef is good for...

HASH with melted cheese on top, here's one I made earlier :thumbsup:

Attachments

• corned-beef-hash-fritatta-finish-6-1024x683.jpg
    corned-beef-hash-fritatta-finish-6-1024x683.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 96

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wtf

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Essentially it's a little garnish for the sausages. Do you not like coleslaw with sausages, say at a bbq? It's got to be decent finest or homemade slaw though, cheap stuff just runs into the breakfast plate and ruins everything. I know it sounds like it would be gross, everyone I've mentioned it to hates the thought of it. But those that try it....another story entirely. They simply love it.
If you ever find yourself in Shoreham, pop into Artisan. Get a full English, substitute one of the sausages for haloumi, get some of their homemade coleslaw on the plate, pot of tea, white toast. It's lush.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Essentially it's a little garnish for the sausages. Do you not like coleslaw with sausages, say at a bbq? It's got to be decent finest or homemade slaw though, cheap stuff just runs into the breakfast plate and ruins everything. I know it sounds like it would be gross, everyone I've mentioned it to hates the thought of it. But those that try it....another story entirely. They simply love it.
If you ever find yourself in Shoreham, pop into Artisan. Get a full English, substitute one of the sausages for haloumi, get some of their homemade coleslaw on the plate, pot of tea, white toast. It's lush.

I would never swap a sausage for haloumi, you have crossed a line on that one. Would definitely try a dollop of coleslaw on the side of the plate. great with toast in any cirumstance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here