Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Corned beef and MARMITE

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would never swap a sausage for haloumi, you have crossed a line on that one. Would definitely try a dollop of coleslaw on the side of the plate. great with toast in any cirumstance

Try the coleslaw, recognise I have the answers to a perfect fry up and then try the haloumi. I guarantee you'll pop that forkfull in your face, pause, look up to the sky and say quietly to yourself "Well I'll be, Clamp, you beautiful sonofabitch" then tuck straight back in.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Four pages and no one has mentioned the only thing corn beef is good for...

HASH with melted cheese on top, here's one I made earlier :thumbsup:

Used to enjoy doing a hotpot stylee with corn beef:

Slice & sautee an onion, crumble up the corned beef with slices of potato and carrot and beef stock, let it simmer all morning and piece de resistance about 20 minutes prior to serving lob a load of suet dumplings in - ideally they should cook such that they expand and fill the top of the pot.

Pickled Red Cabbage also required.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Essentially it's a little garnish for the sausages. Do you not like coleslaw with sausages, say at a bbq? It's got to be decent finest or homemade slaw though, cheap stuff just runs into the breakfast plate and ruins everything. I know it sounds like it would be gross, everyone I've mentioned it to hates the thought of it. But those that try it....another story entirely. They simply love it.
If you ever find yourself in Shoreham, pop into Artisan. Get a full English, substitute one of the sausages for haloumi, get some of their homemade coleslaw on the plate, pot of tea, white toast. It's lush.
Thanks Gordon [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I like corned beef, once I can get past the fact that it looks like cat food :(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
you guys should be on Masterchef:laugh:

No way, and give away our secrets on how to block arteries...

SPAM, The food of KINGS

Attachments

• missedinhistory-podcasts-wp-content-uploads-sites-99-2014-09-Spam-600x350.jpg
    missedinhistory-podcasts-wp-content-uploads-sites-99-2014-09-Spam-600x350.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 54

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Coleslaw is always a winner. I have it with a full English. As long as you keep it away from the bean sauce and egg yolk, keep it tucked behind the sausages. Heaven.

A full English comprises hot fresh cooked ingredients. So do you fry, grill or boil your coleslaw? Or are you just deviant?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Baked beans and ice cream;
Corned beef and salad cream;
Full English breakfast with coleslaw.......

FFS.......how many of you are pregnant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here