Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Chris Froome cleared over Vuelta drugs test - case dropped

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I read on one of the cycling forums that to achieve that level of salbutamol in his system he would have to take 20 puffs of an inhaler.

Make of that what you will.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I read on one of the cycling forums that to achieve that level of salbutamol in his system he would have to take 20 puffs of an inhaler.

What cycling forum. What I've read suggests it could be at that level after 3 puffs.

http://inrng.com/2017/12/chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/

salbutamol.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'll make of it that probably not the same source as a lot of the actual medical opinions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm yet to listen but still compel this to the house:-

[tweet]941363814871830534[/tweet]

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

The CN forum by any chance?

I thought I disliked the Sky team, but there's a lot of posters on that forum that take it to a whole different level. Loads of them will be rubbing their hands in glee at this Froome news I'm sure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Most I have taken is 12. During a 5-a-side. And all that did was get me to just about keeping up.

Was Nigel Adkins playing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm yet to listen but still compel this to the house:-

[tweet]941363814871830534[/tweet]
Listening between the lines, the chaps reckon there's no getting out of it and CF should have started a self imposed ban already as that would then be taken off the 6 months he's likely to get.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the greater concern for Froome is that when he hangs his cleats up and starts to gain weight he’ll start looking like Wayne Rooney.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think the greater concern for Froome is that when he hangs his cleats up and starts to gain weight he’ll start looking like Wayne Rooney.

He's a peanut headed, snub nosed runt now, he's not exactly going to get any better with age is he? Have him and Jimmy Somerville ever been seen in the same room/asthma clinic?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No...

...nobody...

...oh well.

I guess being a cyclist means it's only a matter of time before he is properly caught cheating.
In the meantime let's all enjoy the Russian football team and their superhuman efforts. :lol:

Chris Froome: Anti-doping case against four-time Tour de France winner dropped

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44679483

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
About time. The right decisions.

Sabutamol isn't even a Performance Enhancing Drug. It just ensures you can breathe.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
people are desperate for him to be a druggie....

you just have to see the lack of support he gets in the press....A lot of people regard him as a plastic brit and not the "lad" wiggins ( apart from the fact he probably did more to haul wiggins around the mountains in France to lead him to win the TDF )

Good post.

The British back-stabbers didn't get their wish today, with the clearing of his name.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sabutamol isn't even a Performance Enhancing Drug. It just ensures you can breathe.

Surely being able to breathe is performance enhancing, given the inevitable outcome of the alternative...?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Contador still has grand tours that still stand so does Pantani Lances entire career was wiped pretty much Riis still holds his title despite saying he was doping same for Roche and "Big Mig" is an exceptional specimen.

French legends Jalabert and Virenque were caught high level doping, including a failed EPO test.

Did they have their titles and category winning jerseys scrubbed from the record books? No.

There's always been a very special interest in investigating English-speaking riders, the 'interlopers' in a continental european mad sport. Ironically, due to great investigative work by english speaking journalists. Do the french and italian for exampe, zealously investigate their heros?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here