• No - I'm wetting the bed

Votes: 78 22.6%
  • There is no third option

Votes: 42 12.2%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Option 3. I don't know but I hope so.

We knew the games would be tough, but we've had some good wins too. My son's Facebook reminded me in 2010, we lost 2-1 at Huddersfield so not much has changed except that we're both in the Premier League now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
not wetting the bed as in many ways the championship with a bit of money behind is will be more fun but I'm afraid to say no , think we are heading back down.

Swansea , West Brom at this moment look favourites but I expect both to rally at some ppoint , particularly West Brom under a new manager,

Then you look at the following

Palace - they will be well clear
Hudds - seem to have plenty about them at home and of course outclassed us
Newcastle - in a very poor run , expect them to pick up and be backed in Jan
Stoke - Have enough players who are proven mid table prem players. Should of beaten us really despite being in turmoil and if things get much worse Hughes will go and someone will see them safe
Us - Biting us on the arse the lack of strikers and we seem to of been found out. We need to go again somehow as I'm not sure who I fancy us against at present. January is key for us but gut feeling is we are majorly punching and we are only a few clear of the drop .

Have. HAVE HAVE f'kin HAVE.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
At the moment I'm just in the no camp.

This could change if we do make some decent signings in January. I don't think our squad is currently quite good enough to stay up but what has won us our points and what I thought gave us a chance of staying up was our togetherness, mental toughness, organisation and sound defence. I always thought if we started taking beatings like the Liverpool one that it might have a very negative effect on other games as it would shake those strengths.

The one big positive we have in our favour compared to a lot of other teams though is the manager. He is our biggest chance of staying up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes - based on decisive movement in January.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No - but I think this team and manager can get us out the Championship so stick with ;)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I have no idea. Went for option 3.

But the bookies currently think we will stay up. They are offering 11/4 on relegation, so if you genuinely believe we will go down then get on. Be interested to hear how many are putting their money where their rubber sheets are.

PG

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
probably not , but it's been good seeing teams like Liverpool at the Amex...not so much Stoke and Southampton, but looking forward to the big clubs coming down, like Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Manu.

It would be nice to stay up obviously, however would I like to be a "stoke" or " west Brom, who hover around the relegation zone most years ..probably not. I miss the cut and thrust of the Championship

BUT it is good for the kids to see these decent teams

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be amazed if TB didn't make funds available in January to maximise the club's chances of staying in the top flight beyond one season. Without that, the ST waiting list will evaporate overnight, along with the 30,000 crowds and the record merchandise sales.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Without improving our results, especially at home, against teams we need to be beating, then we will.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I have said "No" but I am not wetting the bed. Plenty of teams have shown that relegation from the PL is not terminal if the Club hasn't been mortgaged almost out of existence during it's brief tenure. There are clubs that don't make it back, but plenty that do and are stronger as a result. Burnley are the latest headline grabbers, but there are others. I am trying, and it is very hard sometimes, to take a longer term view, so my bed is still dry and will remain so even if the Championship ends up being our destination next time.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
No, i don't think Hughton has the tactical nous to keep us at this level. He's setting the team up too defensively and that's clearly not working because we're conceding for fun - and not scoring at the other end. I'd like to see Martin O'Neil, Curbishley, Appleton or someone tried and tested in the premiership come in to give us a chance

You know its days like this when I miss the Thumbs Down button

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Need a good transfer window, but we are ahead of where I expected us to be with the squad we have now, so all good so far

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here