Votes: 78 22.6%
  • There is no third option

Votes: 42 12.2%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, i don't think Hughton has the tactical nous to keep us at this level. He's setting the team up too defensively and that's clearly not working because we're conceding for fun - and not scoring at the other end. I'd like to see Martin O'Neil, Curbishley, Appleton or someone tried and tested in the premiership come in to give us a chance

:laugh::jester::shutup:punish:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course, I jest.

But a couple of games ago Mourinho told the press that we’d given United their hardest game and we did look strong.

Since then we’ve played Liverpool in a rich vein of form and met our Huddersfield nemesis.

I’m not expecting to win tonight, but I am expecting us to hold our own against others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
probably not , but it's been good seeing teams like Liverpool at the Amex...not so much Stoke and Southampton, but looking forward to the big clubs coming down, like Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Manu.

It would be nice to stay up obviously, however would I like to be a "stoke" or " west Brom, who hover around the relegation zone most years ..probably not. I miss the cut and thrust of the Championship

BUT it is good for the kids to see these decent teams

Good post.

But TB needs PL football, otherwise it's a broken financial model long term.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Good post.

But TB needs PL football, otherwise it's a broken financial model long term.

This is the problem isn't it? For financial reasons the club needs the PL, but for me, apart from the joy of seeing on song Liverpool (I know we lost but they were good) the competition, excitement, fun is much greater in the Championship

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is the problem isn't it? For financial reasons the club needs the PL, but for me, apart from the joy of seeing on song Liverpool (I know we lost but they were good) the competition, excitement, fun is much greater in the Championship

I can appreciate both arguments on the football side.

In the Championship, unless we have a Hyppia type squad & management, we have a chance of winning most home games.

Whilst the PL occasions are immense, and rare wins even sweeter.

Unfortunately the financial side overrides all and (post-parachute payment seasons) a club with a cost base of £45m is unsustainable. TB knowing this more than anyone, I'm sure he's focused on early January transfers, to increased the odds of maintaining PL income.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
To be honest that performance against H’field was genuinely demoralizing, against L’Pool we played a team who were simply scintillating On the counter and although defeats alway hurts, I wasn’t that upset, a bit of luck and Murray taking his chances and the game could have been different. We need a performance even more than a result tonight to rebuild confidence. Two or three serious signings and AK and March hitting Form and I would be confident of survival. Courage skill and belief and we should be fine.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• _44641341_laurie3_226.jpg
    _44641341_laurie3_226.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 206

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No. Not without 2-3 quality signings in early January, including 2 strikers, Nothing less will do.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
We will stay up if at a minimum we invest a pacey goal scoring striker.

A decent central mid would be good too

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I very much doubt we'll get the striker or strikers some people assume will be arriving in January. Probably every team in the Prem and Championship is hoping to make similar signings. There aren't enough quality goalscorers around to make everyone happy and I'm ready for the usual Twitter moaning and groaning on deadline day. "How come all the other clubs signed good players except us?" etc etc.

I suspect we'll be relying pretty much on the current squad to keep us in this division. It's possible, if we rediscover our good defensive habits, and some of non-striking players start contributing the goals we know they're capable of, especially from set pieces.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

But I am a shit pundit, so that means we will.

Now I have said it, we won't.

Lucky I don't have OCD.

Or do I?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Saturday was a real shock to the system - not just the result (and it could easily have been 3- or 4-0) but the manner of the performance, in a game that was arguably our most winnable remaining away fixture. There is history of newly-promoted sides having a decent start to a campaign but then suffering a long, poor run of results that ultimately leads to relegation. We really need to have a positive result sooner rather than later.

Having said all that, I remain a predominantly optimistic fan and this manager and squad have the capacity to find the necessary points to stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here