• No - I'm wetting the bed

Votes: 78 22.6%
  • There is no third option

Votes: 42 12.2%

• Total voters

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If we play with no fear as we did against Man Utd we will be fine but it seems we have retreated into our defensive shell since that game
Relegation or Survival . I’m just happy to see top quality footy this season whatever happens

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No, i don't think Hughton has the tactical nous to keep us at this level. He's setting the team up too defensively and that's clearly not working because we're conceding for fun - and not scoring at the other end. I'd like to see Martin O'Neil, Curbishley, Appleton or someone tried and tested in the premiership come in to give us a chance

I'm sure you are Jeremy Preece or Michael Appleton's Agent

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
1. 5 other teams have scored the same or less goals than us.
2. 9 other teams have conceded more goals than us.
3. 7 other teams have less points than us.
4. 8 other teams have a worse GD than us.
5. 9 other teams have lost more games than us.

I understand your points about the Albion, however what I don't get is how that is out of context with the other teams around us? From 11th downward everyone is struggling for goals, everyone is struggling for points, everyone has other teams who have worked out how they play.

All we need to do, is not necessarily be great, we just need to be fractionally better than 3 other teams.

In terms of gulf, I was actually wondering whether there had been a Premier League season where all 3 promoted sides stayed up? Could happen this season...

Spot on too much focus on us ignoring the fact the teams around us are no better.

It has been nice so far this season with a comfortable distance between us and the bottom 3 and a few bad results and that has swung. Plenty more twists and turns to come for me the key is us getting back to the defensive strength we showed in the earlier part of the season and adding some pace upfront in January window

We have a good run of games in the new year to get some momentum and this is where our season will be defined I think

Still believe in Chris and the team and I would back them against 4-5 other teams in and around us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jesus Christ we have lost a couple of games and look at the panic setting in unbelievable reactions. Liverpool are class worth zillions, Huddersfield we will beat them at home and they beat us at their place same as it always is. We are small fry in the best league in the world and so far we have been doing better than expected. Reality check needed we will be fine.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Until it’s mathematically impossible you have to keep the faith don’t you? What football is all about. As the ginger warrior said last night you dare to dream. For us that is 17th place.
And please for the love of god let us not have curbishley, O’neil, Appleton lol, George Graham or o’leary anywhere near the club.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I’m trying desperately not to soil the bed but am finding it increasingly hard to keep my instincts at bay!!! As at today we don’t have the players, the tactical acume, possibly the fitness or the confidence to stay up. We’re currently on a bit of a downward trend but this could change quickly with some possibly winnable games coming up......or it could go horribly tits up. Early January re-enforcements of sufficient calibre are essential, but unlikely.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No, but I'm not wetting the bed. I've never thought we'd have enough to stay up, just enjoying the ride. There was a little optimism at one point, but it was obvious that most of the teams down the bottom were not going to stay there. It was ridiculous to think the likes of Everton and Palace were not going to pick up form and slowly rise. Swansea, well yes, they may stay down there - but there's not many others, unfortunately.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wrote a while back (another poll I think), that the Albion would – at some point – be in the relegation zone again this season, but would ultimately climb out of it and survive. I'm sticking by that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Really don't see how we can to be honest. I'm not wetting the bed, as I wasn't expecting us to be in this position at the beginning of the season. Teams have now managed to work out how we play, and we don't have sufficient quality or depth in the squad to maintain the season. I also don't see how a magic buy in Jan can hope to keep us up.

Naturally I will be delighted if we stay, but it won't be the end of the world if we go down. The gulf between the Championship and Premier League is starting to show itself now. All we can hope is that when we do go down, we keep Chris, and the money we get from parachute payments can bolster the squad for another push and retention in the top tier.

Teams have now managed to work out how we play... hmmm... thats seems a cop-out option. Some teams set-up naturally in a way that counters the way we play, with a high and effective press. Huddersfield are one of them, no surprise we've struggled against them two seasons in a row. Liverpool are another, although may not have mattered in the final tally. Bournemouth too. But its just a few games.

We have managed to counter a lot of teams natural styles, such as Palace, where Zaha was very stifled, Swansea, who were atrocious against us, Man Utd, bizarrely, Southampton, which resulted in a very tight game, Everton, who we should have beaten. And there have been lots of entertaining games alongside those, like Stoke and West Ham.

Just like last year, when people would only stop bed-wetting if we were 10 points clear, same people this year will only be happy if we are 10 points clear of relegation. It doesn't happen like that in the premier league, so relax and enjoy the ride. There are still seven teams below us in the table who are presumably also bed-wetting like hell. Its a good season this :)

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Only a couple of weeks ago, Mourhino was saying that we were the best team Man U had played this season.

Maybe this is our mid-season blip?

If (and I know it is a big 'If') we make a couple of decent signings in January - one of whom needs to be a striker - then I reckon we'll survive; and I'm a natural pessimist!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not bed wetting, but it will be extremely tight and I fear a lack of goals will see us down.
Got to win some of those type of games where we have disappointingly drawn.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Teams have now managed to work out how we play... hmmm... thats seems a cop-out option. Some teams set-up naturally in a way that counters the way we play, with a high and effective press. Huddersfield are one of them, no surprise we've struggled against them two seasons in a row. Liverpool are another, although may not have mattered in the final tally. Bournemouth too. But its just a few games.

We have managed to counter a lot of teams natural styles, such as Palace, where Zaha was very stifled, Swansea, who were atrocious against us, Man Utd, bizarrely, Southampton, which resulted in a very tight game, Everton, who we should have beaten. And there have been lots of entertaining games alongside those, like Stoke and West Ham.

Just like last year, when people would only stop bed-wetting if we were 10 points clear, same people this year will only be happy if we are 10 points clear of relegation. It doesn't happen like that in the premier league, so relax and enjoy the ride. There are still seven teams below us in the table who are presumably also bed-wetting like hell. Its a good season this :)

TTssskkkk! Coming on here and talking complete and utter ....sense :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We now have to rely on West Brom, Swansea and maybe Newcastle being worse than us I reckon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So much hinges on January. Current squad will take us down, but 2/3 good additions in the areas we most need them and we will be okay. A MASSIVE transfer window.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
50/50 as it was at the start of the season. A couple of good additions in January and we have a real shout.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not the end of the world is it..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here