Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Edward VIII post boxes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I love this, somehow feels typically British.

Someone has taken the trouble to compile a list of all the post boxes stamped with Edward VIII's insignia. The trouble is, he's only found 57 of them - and there are supposedly 130. What a life mission though, to spend one's time on something so obscure, yet strangely satisfying.

There's only one in Sussex BTW, in Burpham (although he seems unsure where that is), Are there any more in this neck of the woods?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet he voted Leave.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I love this, somehow feels typically British.

Someone has taken the trouble to compile a list of all the post boxes stamped with Edward VIII's insignia. The trouble is, he's only found 57 of them - and there are supposedly 130. What a life mission though, to spend one's time on something so obscure, yet strangely satisfying.

There's only one in Sussex BTW, in Burpham (although he seems unsure where that is), Are there any more in this neck of the woods?

fabulous!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw a great Grand Designs where one of these was made into a lovely home.

I once visited a house in Essex which had been converted from a water tower. Was incredible. And the house was stuffed with design stuff including various Eames chairs. Owner had a Porsche on the drive as well.....the ****.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Patcham has 1 ?

the Mackie estate built in the 30's

Oh, that sounds interesting, maybe worth checking out.

Mind you, the bottom part of Coldean was built in the 30s too and the postpoxes there aren't Edwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here