Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Call me old fashioned but I don't think our fellows disgraced themselves.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Journalists have called our display "stubborn" "resilient " "well organized " .... that ought to count for something. All are agreed their first one was a fluke...
All we need now is a cutting edge up front. Roll on January :albion2:

I'm afraid it counts for f**k all, "stubborn" "resilient" "well organized" still the same sad and sorry outcome, zero points. :facepalm: :xmas:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I suppose it is a learning curve after all, the longer we stay the better we get.............though the fawning was rather off putting.
Cling on this season and time will tell, Tony would want a return on his investment, but it depends how long he wants to wait for it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm afraid it counts for f**k all, "stubborn" "resilient" "well organized" still the same sad and sorry outcome, zero points. :facepalm: :xmas:

Maybe not against Spurs away, but we have a couple of home games coming up and it may count for a great deal in those.

Big six away we try not to get hammered and we concentrate on getting points in the winnable games......... tick, move on to Burnley at home.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Spurs fan here (who watches a lot Brighton games). Hughton did something in the second half that was quite clever. Because Son, Eriksen and Lamela were all occupying the same space in the middle of the pitch, it left Schelotto to mark Rose, meaning Knockhaert wasn't really needed to do that much tracking back. He went and played in the massive space between Vertonghen and Rose and looked to exploit that, which (apart from March roasting Aurier) looked like your best chance of success. Problem was that no one from midfield really seemed to want to go and support him getting forward and we recovered pretty well, so even when counter attacking, you never got numbers up in dangerous areas.

I keep hearing you lot saying you need a striker. You don't, you need a centre midfielder because Stephens is shit at this level. I would go with Kayal and Propper in the middle, March on the right, Izquierdo on the left and Knockhaert behind whichever striker you prefer.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Spurs fan here (who watches a lot Brighton games). Hughton did something in the second half that was quite clever. Because Son, Eriksen and Lamela were all occupying the same space in the middle of the pitch, it left Schelotto to mark Rose, meaning Knockhaert wasn't really needed to do that much tracking back. He went and played in the massive space between Vertonghen and Rose and looked to exploit that, which (apart from March roasting Aurier) looked like your best chance of success. Problem was that no one from midfield really seemed to want to go and support him getting forward and we recovered pretty well, so even when counter attacking, you never got numbers up in dangerous areas.

I keep hearing you lot saying you need a striker. You don't, you need a centre midfielder because Stephens is shit at this level. I would go with Kayal and Propper in the middle, March on the right, Izquierdo on the left and Knockhaert behind whichever striker you prefer.
Even if we signed a decent striker, you still need at least one of your midfielders progressing in a forward position. Yes part of your summary is correct that our midfield/ers do not support exposing space. The gap is too large. Far too many times last night Hemed was not supported when the ball arrived in the six yard or pentatonic area.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm beginning to see why Leicester weren't fussed about letting Knockaert go once they made the Prem. Just constantly moans and gives the ball away trying to pull off unnecessary flicks and tricks, Hughton looks rightly fuming with him.

They didn't let him go. They offered him a new contract, which he didn't sign, because he wanted to go to Belgium or France when his Dad started being ill.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Thought I would be clambering to get my flag hanging at the front but it was the only one.

Tottenham Away.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here