Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm beginning to see why Leicester weren't fussed about letting Knockaert go once they made the Prem. Just constantly moans and gives the ball away trying to pull off unnecessary flicks and tricks, Hughton looks rightly fuming with him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So many results going our way tonight - except the most important one at Wembley (where we've got a terrible record, although that was at the old stadium!) Come on Albion - let's have a shock 2-1.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Spurs have been poor for my money- no fluidity at all, made more difficult by our ultra defensive tactics. They've gotta be better in the second half.
I'd bring March on for AK- he looks so desperately out of form ATM.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Shame Hemed didn't try to spin and get a shot away. Decent-ish header from Duffy. Would have been a pretty good half if they hadn't scored a complete fluke. Our passing is generally awful though.. don't seem to be able to string more than 3 passes together.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
It was because they got Mahrez (sp?) in to replace him, wasn't it?

Mahrez was there for the second half of the season they gained promotion, and AK featured often in the first half of their first season but Pearson inexplicably just completely shunted him out of the squad

Last edited:

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Duffy header from a corner. Why can’t it hit him in the face hit Tomer in the back then cannon off the ref and go in? Seems to happen each week against us.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Stephens has been shocking, pröpper not much better, kayal mostly absent and knockaert needs a slap and told to stop being such a precious bitch. Hughton looked like he was going to tear him a new one at half time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy header from a corner. Why can’t it hit him in the face hit Tomer in the back then cannon off the ref and go in? Seems to happen each week against us.

Cos we ain't palace.

So it's not all bad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mahrez was there for the second half of the season they gained promotion, and AK featured often in the first half of their first season but Pearson inexplicably just completely shunted him out of the squad
Presumably because Mahrez is better.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm beginning to see why Leicester weren't fussed about letting Knockaert go once they made the Prem. Just constantly moans and gives the ball away trying to pull off unnecessary flicks and tricks, Hughton looks rightly fuming with him.

They offered Knockaert a 4 year deal at the end of their first season in the PL, he turned it down because he wanted to be closer to his Dad.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Some stats:

We have the highest % of shots in the 6 yard box of any team in the league. We have the lowest % of shots in the rest of the 18 yard box of any team in the league.
No idea what that means.

And here is a worrying one and, for me, the crux of the matter...
We have spent the most time in our defensive third and the least time in our attacking third (of the pitch) of any team in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here