Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Bringing my Brighton season ticket holder uncle into the spurs end for this one tonight.

This Brighton may set up tight and play well but expect Spurs to nick a couple of goals.

COYS but it won't be easy. Finally a half and half scarf i may buy :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bringing my Brighton season ticket holder uncle into the spurs end for this one tonight.

This Brighton may set up tight and play well but expect Spurs to nick a couple of goals.

COYS but it won't be easy. Finally a half and half scarf i may buy :)

My Spurs mate says you struggle against teams who park the bus. We did that at the Lane in 81 against a better Spurs team than this one, and nicked a 1-0. Can only hope and pray for something similar.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Feel as if I want to hide for the whole of December with the games we have coming our way. Would happily re-surface in January and find we are still 13th.

Am I the only one who finds this attitude rather sad? Surely, this is what we've dreamed of, big games, big stadia. I for one vowed not to go to new Wembley except to see the Albion, so am looking forward muchly to today. If it's half as good as the day out to the Olympic (London) Stadium then I'll be happy.

PG

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Am I the only one who finds this attitude rather sad? Surely, this is what we've dreamed of, big games, big stadia.
I'm with you PG. Desperately want us to do well, but don't want to miss out on these opportunities to enjoy the experience. I don't believe that we went through those agonising evenings against Palace, Derby and Sheff Wed to worry about being in a relegation battle in the toughest league in the world. This core of this squad has shown that it can take big knock-backs and come through them. Tonight is a chance for a big, big scalp.. it is unlikely, but not impossible..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think we will line up something like this

Lloris
Aurier Dier Vertonghen Rose
Sissoko Winks
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

Or Dele might start instead of Lamela.
Demblele, Llorente, Davis, Trippier, Foyth & Vorm on the bench.

Oh **** off

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WBA got a draw there. Anything less is a bad sign.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...d-Premier-League-2017-2018-Tottenham-Brighton says 3-0

but

Match Forecast
Tottenham will control the game in the opposition's half
Tottenham will score from a setpiece situation
Tottenham will score as a result of a through ball
Tottenham will dominate possession
Brighton will stray offside often
Tottenham will score from a direct freekick
Tottenham will score from a fast break situation
* Match forecast is generated from clashes in team characteristics.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190539/Show/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Tottenham-Brighton

No mention of balls put into our own net from crosses from open play!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Can't say I am expecting anything from this one but, hey!, football fandom is all about iripressable optimism so, why not?

I will be at home with Warren and J.C. - best wishes for a good night and smooth journey home for the hardy souls that are going.....

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Interesting line up predicted by The Times

Back five as normal with Bong back in
Knocky Kayal Stephens Propper Izzy
Hemed

Resting Muzza Groß for Saturday...

Rather impressed my phone can do a ß

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014