Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What has happened is gone, no point dwelling on negatives.

The upcoming fixtures look a little less daunting.

Stick together, support the lads and try and stay positive. We're a great club.

If you can keep your head, when everyone around is losing theirs...then you probably haven’t grasped the reality of the crisis yet!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If you watched the game, yes we did, they were better than us but if it wasn't for Matt's numerous saves and a hatfull of last ditch tackles it could've been a lot worse, we had a couple of chances but it's unfortunate luck was on their side

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That's not really "having a go " though . 25% possession suggests we didn't have a go at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Had a go, didn't roll over are pretty much the same thing in my book, I agree with Pete though, atmosphere was pretty shit from both sets of fans

Was diagonally opposite BHA fans and sounded pretty loud and proud for much of the game. Spurs support was dire mind. Again just like Emirates, no songs or cheering from vast majority. And it’s not because of Wembley. That’s just used as an excuse. Their support is just not very good beyond 2 or 3 ‘derbies’ per season

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's not really "having a go " though . 25% possession suggests we didn't have a go at all.

Is the truth of the matter. My wife actually asked ‘do Brighton know they’ve got to attack this goal.’ Yes, it was that bad tonight....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Is the truth of the matter. My wife actually asked ‘do Brighton know they’ve got to attack this goal.’ Yes, it was that bad tonight....

Lets be honest, the top 6 are novelty games where you don't expect a solitary point. But negative tactics and team selections against anyone from halfway to the bottom is, IMO, suicidal, especially at home

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That is the end of a tough run of fixtures, we have a few winnable games coming up. After those we will have a better idea of where we are at. The only real blip was Huddersfield, if you take into account that they rarely lose at home it doesn't look so bad.

We are still right in this.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We stayed behind to see players and CH applaud fans, joined the queue for tube, home by 2240, just in time to see jug ears, Shearer and Fanny on MOTD!
Home hooray

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Spurs had all the play but looked like they were getting frustrated then scored a miracle (fluke) goal. March comes on and we have a much better go at it, not sure why Hemed was taken off because as soon as Murray came on we lost any impetus we had.It going to be hard...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really though we were back on track, who really expected us to win ?

At least we had some shots and scared them a bit - that Portugese chap to start on Saturday please

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No goals from open play in seven and a half hours of football tells us everything.

What's worrying is teams like Newcastle have won one game from the last 12 and are only 2 points behind us, West Brom 1 win in 14 and 3 points behind.

The failure to beat Watford and a shit Everton side may come back to bite us.

It may, or it might not. Who knows?

I thought we did well in defence, the midfield were a bit overwhelmed to start of with, but then started tackling & winning the ball.. We did have some shots which unfortunately Lloris dealt with although he fumbled one.

My entertainment this evening was watching a steward trying to put on a poncho, when it started raining. He couldn't open it to start off, then found an armhole. Progress.
He kept trying to find the other armhole, but it was like watching that French mime artist. He finally found the second armhole, & lifted the poncho over his head, in relief, only to find the 'hood' was in front of his face. I was in stitches by this stage, as were my neighbours. A soft chant of You don't know what you're doing, started up.
He took it off again, and managing to find both arms, he raised the poncho over his head, only to knock his cap flying.
He retrieved his cap, stood up, and pulled the poncho down, to great applause from the front six rows.
Even the other stewards were falling about laughing, but he ended up with a big grin on his face.

DavePage

I don't get the thinking here.
Surely this won't be the tactic at home to Burnley and Watford. So why bother doing this at all? Does anyone actually think we'd get more points against the bigger teams playing like this rather than just ****ing going for it?

After promotion technically there were 18 teams bigger than us.
Going for it against these teams can result in being stuffed or ultimately a goal difference that are worth points against.
Why don’t we calm down ?
We are Brighton supporters, there has always been team or player performance that we have been disappointed with.
Get real, we have 17 points which is probably equal or beyond our dreams at the start of the season.
How do you think the fans of Arsenal 7th or even West brom 17th feel?
Is nobody going to be happy unless we are top of the league, dropping no points.
Enjoy your team, win lose or draw….they are your team…..that should be special

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here