Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It's called 'Defence against Attack' - never anything positive in it for defence when applied to a real match.

I don't get the thinking here.
Surely this won't be the tactic at home to Burnley and Watford. So why bother doing this at all? Does anyone actually think we'd get more points against the bigger teams playing like this rather than just ****ing going for it?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Oh well

I would like to never see schelotto play for Brighton again, i feel like anything he does well is a complete fluke and surprises even him.

These aren’t the games we need points from.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Lets be realistic, no on was having us down for any points tonight and we rested some of our starting 11 for a large majority of the game. Now we have to focus on Saturday which obviously won't be easy whatsoever given Burnley's form however surely should be a game which points are obtainable from.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not good enough from Hemed. Not clinical enough at this level
We can't just rely on the odd chance each game to score. Can't have a 100% perfect striker. We need to be providing more chances for whoever is leading the line and play a bit more positively.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Surely this won't be the tactic at home to Burnley and Watford. So why bother doing this at all? Does anyone actually think we'd get more points against the bigger teams playing like this rather than just ****ing going for it?

Yes, we will. It's Hughton's tactic, problem is, it worked in the championship but not in the Prem. We really need a plan B.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

‘Going for it’ gets you beat by a cricket score against the big boys. We know from experience just how ****ing important goal difference is.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Fearing the worst now, can't stop giving away silly goals and not creating anything for ourselves. Need to see some sort of improvement on Saturday

Something is seriously wrong!!!!!
I actually agree with you.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Amazingly still in 13th but only 3 points (and goal difference) from 2nd bottom. Hope we can find way back to winning ways at home, we need some good results to stop the slide and build confidence.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let’s be fair Spurs never got out of first gear tonight.

Poor again, just not up to this level.

Disagree. There's a reason these teams don't get out of first gear - because they're stifled and run out of ideas. Took a fluke goal to make it comfortable for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here