Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Its going to be a hard fight this season we all knew this. Staying up is our aim nothing more, if we do go back down we will be stronger next year as long as we dont panic and sack everyone that got us where we are now.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That's not what I'm saying is it? I'm saying if we have **** all chance against certain teams we have more of a chance if we at least attack. For an example see Watford this season.

Do we? Or does that leave gaps at the back meaning decent teams will tear you apart (see: Liverpool).

Imo if we are going to get 0 points from a game, you need to make that 0 points worth something. Keeping the score low will be beneficial come the end of the season.

Watford have been in this league for a few seasons now and have some very good players. We are not Watford.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Beaten by two flukes and should have equalised with the one chance we had.

We seemed to scared to play far to many loose passes and panicked clearances. Lots of chances to break but poor passes let us down. Bit of composure on the ball and we could have got something tonight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What formation did we play this evening? I missed the game.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We had two simple through balls in the first half that we messed up - especially the one to knockaert. Second half hemed should have slipped in Jose rather than shoot and he missed a sitter.

Ryan only made one save (after dumb free kick conceded) that I can remember and they scored freak goal and a deflection.

Solly must start on Saturday.

Dunk and Duffy won everything. Dunk pinged a brilliant pass to knockaert in the second half but Anthony was on his heels. Something isn't right with him.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
No goals from open play in seven and a half hours of football tells us everything.

What's worrying is teams like Newcastle have won one game from the last 12 and are only 2 points behind us, West Brom 1 win in 14 and 3 points behind.

The failure to beat Watford and a shit Everton side may come back to bite us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At least we had a go tonight and didn't roll over, I don't mind losing if we have a go, on to Burnley..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No goals from open play in seven and a half hours of football tells us everything.

What's worrying is teams like Newcastle have won one game from the last 12 and are only 2 points behind us, West Brom 1 win in 14 and 3 points behind.

The failure to beat Watford and a shit Everton side may come back to bite us.
What has happened is gone, no point dwelling on negatives.

The upcoming fixtures look a little less daunting.

Stick together, support the lads and try and stay positive. We're a great club.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought at times we lacked conviction in thinking on what to do with the final ball.
One Dale Stephen pass that went array, seemed to sum up the night.
Defence better tonight than previous games, just need that extra bite in midfield to move onto our forward line.
Anyway Fanny Murphy has just said on MOTD, we need to be less negative :cry:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Did we have a go though? I'm trying to think where.
If you watched the game, yes we did, they were better than us but if it wasn't for Matt's numerous saves and a hatfull of last ditch tackles it could've been a lot worse, we had a couple of chances but it's unfortunate luck was on their side

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you watched the game, yes we did, they were better than us but if it wasn't for Matt's numerous saves and a hatfull of last ditch tackles it could've been a lot worse, we had a couple of chances but it's unfortunate luck was on their side

Unfortunately, had to give my ticket to a mate so didn't go, but watched a PL stream. But what you are saying is we defended valiantly, not attacked? Not really had a go?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Unfortunately, had to give my ticket to a mate so didn't go, but watched a PL stream. But what you are saying is we defended valiantly, not attacked? Not really had a go?
Had a go, didn't roll over are pretty much the same thing in my book, I agree with Pete though, atmosphere was pretty shit from both sets of fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here