15. Kevin Bremner 41
15. Brian Horton 41
17. Gerry Ryan 39
17. Danny Wilson 39
19. Leon Knight 36
20. Ian Mellor 35
20. Tomer Hemed 35

NOT CRAP

Oh he is...look a lot of people on here say he is. And as for that England and manchester United forward Lingard...**** me he was shite. That Mourinho has no idea who is a decent player. I cant believe him and and the England manager pick him...he was toilet against Rotherham.

As for him coming back in january...what complete tosh...do people really think Burnley are going to let him go? People ought to get a bit of a reality check.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
In the Withdean era, was Mr.Burns an exception in being a Barnes hater?

For a very young forward, Barnes was great for us in League One.

No, have a look at the thread I posted a link to. There are several vocal posters who are haters, some of whom are still posting today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's pray that Ashley leaves his propeller at home on Saturday. Ideally he'll be 'rested' which us AB fans will take as a sign that he's being lined up for a return to the Albion in January. Won't be holding my breath on that one tho. Too many Amex-era idiots giving him too much stick last time around. Proper striker.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Amazing that the mighty Austria have forgotten all about him

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I love Bobby Zamora and Peter Ward, doesn't mean I want us to spend £25m bringing them in to lead our line! I think he'd be a good addition, but he's not the striker we need at the moment.

I"d spend £25 mill bringing back Zamora and Ward if they were both 28 still,

Barnes, not so much.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nobody on this thread has advocated bringing him back in January. His fans on this thread are saying, we shouldn't have let him go. There is a difference.

So he's good enough for our squad but you wouldn't be prepared to pay anything to bring him back?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brilliant insite.

I agree, a player who has settled into a decent hard working side who are presently 4 th in the premier and is an integral part of their success, scoring goals and getting rave reviews from people who actually understand the game ..you are right, he is a completely shite player.,

:thumbsup:

You put an argument together, rather than an insult.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People say Lewis Dunk is a great player, but how many GOALS has he scored this season? :dunce:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good luck to him. Never going to let anybody down and although consider Murray better player Barnes will always put himself about more and defenders will know they have been in a game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To think, in a parallel world we could be starting this season with Murrray AND Barnes up front. All we'd need is Chris Wood and Fran Sandaza to complete the set of League One strikers!

Funny though, the fans around me in the 1st two seasons at the Amex were literally desperate for him to leave and actually celebrated when he left. Such a very odd attitude to have. I actually bought a "Barnes 9" shirt in solidarity / to wind them up, which worked every time he scored one of his 30-odd championship goals from left wing.

Another fascination I have is people who bang on about goals to game ratio with no relation to their actual position on the field. "But Barnes is a striker - His goal ratio isn't good enough" - Yeah, but he's playing at left wing. That's like saying Victor Moses isn't scoring enough for Chelsea but ignoring the fact he's now a wing back.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, long story short. I love Ashley Barnes. Did then, do now.
I was glad he left and he was pretty gash most of the time and his penalties for us made his ratio look good.Yes he's scored 16 goals in 108 appearances and a quarter of those were in the championship where he score 9 in 49....not missed.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Loved Ashley and always was for him to stay on. Was gutted when he left and I'm gutted he's firing Burnley up the league and not us. Good for him though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nobody on this thread has advocated bringing him back in January. His fans on this thread are saying, we shouldn't have let him go. There is a difference.

Well i will say it, lets get ASH back!

Brighton top goal scorers since the 1970's

1. Kit Napier 99
2. Peter Ward 95
3. Bobby Zamora 90
4. Glenn Murray 84
5. Kurt Nogan 60
6. Garry Nelson 59
6. Terry Connor 59
8. Ashley Barnes 53
9. Nicky Forster 51
10. Robert Codner 47
11. Gary Hart 45
12. Fred Binney 44
13. Peter O'Sullivan 43
13. Michael Robinson 43
15. Kevin Bremner 41
15. Brian Horton 41
17. Gerry Ryan 39
17. Danny Wilson 39
19. Leon Knight 36
20. Ian Mellor 35
20. Tomer Hemed 35

NOT CRAP

Ashley Barnes is a legend.:clap::bowdown::bowdown:

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Brighton top goal scorers since the 1970's

1. Kit Napier 99
2. Peter Ward 95
3. Bobby Zamora 90
4. Glenn Murray 84
5. Kurt Nogan 60
6. Garry Nelson 59
6. Terry Connor 59
8. Ashley Barnes 53
9. Nicky Forster 51
10. Robert Codner 47
11. Gary Hart 45
12. Fred Binney 44
13. Peter O'Sullivan 43
13. Michael Robinson 43
15. Kevin Bremner 41
15. Brian Horton 41
17. Gerry Ryan 39
17. Danny Wilson 39
19. Leon Knight 36
20. Ian Mellor 35
20. Tomer Hemed 35

NOT CRAP

I like Ash. We've had a lot worse since he left.

Interesting list too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here