Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bottom half of the Premier League: 10 teams, 6 points

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This is essentially the point I was trying to make in that Palace have had a lot of good fortune in their home games thus far. Last night they were very poor in the first half and could easily have gone in 3 down at the break. They improved in the 2nd period but were not testing Gomes until Cleverly got sent off. I am not convinced they have it in them to fight their way out of this. Away from home they are yet to score and of their remaining home games 5 are against the Big 6 (if you will) None of my argument reflects on Albion's predicament (I think we are in big trouble now too) but I think we will have a very good picture come New Years Day after this next round of results.

I think totally the opposite, our 5 seasons of battling puts us in a better position to say you and Huddersfield.We know what's needed to survive, and can get the points when we are not at our best.
Feel optimistic for the rest of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think totally the opposite, our 5 seasons of battling puts us in a better position to say you and Huddersfield.We know what's needed to survive, and can get the points when we are not at our best.

As long as Zaha stays fit and stays at Palace, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a piss poor side (you can't now pretend a large number of your fans weren't saying as much for the first few months of the season) with one bright spark.

That Zaha has finally found the way to put some sort of end-product at the end of his random mazy runs is very fortuitous for you.

That he was also an abject failure the last time he ditched you for a big club must also be in your favour. Would he tempted to try again if an offer comes along, or would he prefer to stay as the big fish in your putrid little pond? I think it's probably the latter.

theboybilly

What would your view have been this morning if you had limped to a 1-0 defeat had there been no red card? The Sky commentator said you were huffing and puffing but not bothering the Watford 'keeper.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Bottom teams with new managers always have a honeymoon period. Then they sink. But they are fighters on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What would your view have been this morning if you had limped to a 1-0 defeat had there been no red card? The Sky commentator said you were huffing and puffing but not bothering the Watford 'keeper.

Hodgson has organised us, and we are now looking sound defensively. Losing last night would have been a big blow, there's no denying that, but we battle.
We are the form team down the bottom, and after the disastrous start to the season, most fans would have wrote us off .
We have a tough end to the month, plus a dodgy set of games in January and February, but our run in looks good.
With some additions in the window, I can see us creep up the league.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
the advantage that Brighton has is that many teams in these places won't have expected to be so close to the bottom 3 places. Ifthe fear sets in with teams who expected to be mid table at worst it could be very good for you.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As long as Zaha stays fit and stays at Palace, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a piss poor side (you can't now pretend a large number of your fans weren't saying as much for the first few months of the season) with one bright spark.

That Zaha has finally found the way to put some sort of end-product at the end of his random mazy runs is very fortuitous for you.

That he was also an abject failure the last time he ditched you for a big club must also be in your favour. Would he tempted to try again if an offer comes along, or would he prefer to stay as the big fish in your putrid little pond? I think it's probably the latter.

We should 'assign' Skalák on Zaha...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That's the beauty of having a player like Zaha.
He can have a poor game by his standards, but can provide two assists at the death, and win the game.
Those type of players are priceless.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh good, we've got the NigeIs in a proverbial 6 pointer just 4 games from the end of the season in which both teams will probably be fighting to stay up.

What could possibly go wrong? Sake.

I know he's been a very good boy for a long time but that has Lewis Dunk Red Card written ALL over it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
we are now looking sound defensively.

No you're not. Did you see the Watford goal? Woeful defending, and Deeney totally open for that sitter as well.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No you're not. Did you see the Watford goal? Woeful defending, and Deeney totally open for that sitter as well.

Did you not see us at the beginning of the season ?
Trust me, defensively we've improved!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

...and Richarlison in the second half - very similar to the goal - completely unmarked in acres of space at the far post.

Speroni saved them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ah, so you were totally shit, now you're just shit.

Still, mind the gap and all that bollocks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

In all seriousness, what's the fallout been from the Ultras being utter cocks at the Amex game? Are they still welcomed by their fellow Palace fans, the ones they stopped from watching the game? Also from my seat could see them actively shoving an older fella away so they could all stand together.

theboybilly

Talking of woeful defending - Zaha should have been ushered out by two Watford defenders for the winner. There was very little in that run, just a couple of stepovers and a kick into the area. Much will be made of it but that was awful play from a defence that should have seen that game out as they had for the previous 90-odd minutes. I understand that you know Zaha is looking for any sort of contact in the area but blimey that was poor from Watford.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd like to see the stats of Palace with Zaha and Palace without Zaha. I suspect they are chalk and cheese. Reminds me of when Maradona got Argentina to the world cup final almost single handedly. We really do need him to be out injured for a sustained period of time. If he stays fit they will stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here