Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Star Wars: the Last Jedi reviews coming in [Warning: getting spoiler-y]

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thought it would struggle after the last outing but the four of us who saw it all agreed it was very good and probably better than the last. Definitely a feel good movie and worth seeing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thought it would struggle after the last outing but the four of us who saw it all agreed it was very good and probably better than the last. Definitely a feel good movie and worth seeing.

Better than Rogue One? Or better than Force Awakens? Rogue One is in my second favourite as it stands. Just about to go and Last Jedi.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I totally disagree with the guy above. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it built well on TFA and pushed the characters into interesting places.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
It was good. But one thing frustrated me, but I won't say here because it contains a massive spoiler.

I think Rogue One is better than both of them though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I enjoyed it but was not blown away, a solid 7 for me. Have to agree that they could knock the corny jokes out of it though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Saw it tonight in 3D and frankly wish i had opted for a normal showing , it's probably down to my mincers but everything seemed very dark the whole way through the movie , yeah i know it's dark at night , film was pretty good not the best and certainly not the worst in the saga , 6-10 .

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Watched it this afternoon - I enjoyed it but not sure the comedic elements were necessary. The whole cinema burst out laughing with the 'Leia - superman' bit (you'll know what I mean when you see it) and I'm not sure it was intended to be that funny. More comedy than before and a bit 'saggy' in the middle, but a solid 6 out of 10 for me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thought it was great. Successfully reinvented the franchise for a new generation. The torch has been passed on. I liked the gags, it’s a long film and the odd laugh or two helped pep it up a bit. Thoroughly recommended

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
:
Told you so.
It's all drivel.
Star Wars,Harry Potter & Lord Of The Rings,all crap.
Adults that dress up to go and watch them at midnight need to have a word with themselves.

I have to say I haven't even seen it, but thought it important to chip in to balance the debate. :wink:

That said, some people will blindly defend such a production line franchise because it's done under the Star Wars banner, wanting it to be better than the reality in front of their eyes.

:

I have to say I haven't even seen it, but thought it important to chip in to balance the debate. :wink:

That said, some people will blindly defend such a production line franchise because it's done under the Star Wars banner, wanting it to be better than the reality in front of their eyes.

You could transpose that to read "some people will blindly defend BHA as it's done under the Premier League banner, wanting it to be better than the reality in front of their eyes"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here