Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else prepared to forfeit the Palace game?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rotate to give some slightly more fringe players (e.g. Hemed / Baldock / Kayal / Krul) a bit of game time? Yeah, why not.

Massively weaken your team by dropping everyone? No. Only if we were playing either a top team (especially away) or a minnow we should beat with one arm tied behind our back.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sometimes the only way out of a slump is to win football matches. Doesn't matter whether they are important or not, winning football matches brings confidence.

Hughton may well see the cup as a perfect respite from the Premier League pressure, perhaps the players will too. The modern game is likely to see some changes given how many games we play over Xmas, but we should have some on the fringes who we know have quality chomping at the bit to make an impact.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I suspect that it will be an overpriced reserve match.
This is exactly how I see it. Wish it was different and it was 1978 again (or even 1988) but it isn't... not going to lose any sleep about it - am really looking forward to the three league games at The Amex before then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No for these reasons:
150 miles
They switched to Monday night (main factor)
Weakened sides
Literally just after Xmas as opposed to end Jan ie doing Newcastle away, Bmuff etc all in quick succession
Over zealous approach to by authorities (eg reduced capacity) that time and time again we know penalises the normal fan whilst letting the handful of knobheads do what they like.
Can watch On TV

Our games against palace used to be highlight of season but now the authorities have done there level best to kill the atmosphere with near paranoia that ISIS are coming to town that its just not what it should be. Oh, and that’s before the players themselves serve up almost certain dross it’s bound to be.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Precisely what I said a few weeks ago, didn't care who it was we got in the 3rd round I wanted out, focus on the league. If Palace win then I hope they go on a long cup run and follow other clubs such as Brighton & Boro and forfeit their top flight status in search of cup glory, not for me fella!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Precisely what I said a few weeks ago, didn't care who it was we got in the 3rd round I wanted out, focus on the league. If Palace win then I hope they go on a long cup run and follow other clubs such as Brighton & Boro and forfeit their top flight status in search of cup glory, not for me fella!

Let’s face it, we’re not going on a cup run regardless. We don’t score goals, big difference between now and 83.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Outrageous to some, but . . .

With the 3rd round FA Cup tie against Palarse looming, and with our league form slipping, is anyone else prepared to forfeit this game? I know that to many it's versus our sworn enemy, but surely Premier League survival has to come first. We will doubtless be fielding many squad players in this competition anyway.

Cowfold Seagull dons his hard hat, in readiness for the abuse that will surely follow. :shootself

Chris Hughton probably will

I wouldn't.

Championship is decent if we go down.

win win

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is abit early for getting your excuses in isn’t it ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This is professional football, not Sunday League.

We don't forfeit matches because 5 of the lads phoned up in the morning and were feeling hung over.

It's worth remembering that Palace did actually make it to the Final a couple of years back and avoided relegation.

Enough of the defeatist attitudes already.

It's Palace. It's the Cup.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We need games to keep as many members of the squad as possible match-fit. So it's important that our reserves beat whatever team Palace put out and get themselves another run-out in the fourth round.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
This is exactly how I see it. Wish it was different and it was 1978 again (or even 1988) but it isn't... not going to lose any sleep about it - am really looking forward to the three league games at The Amex before then.
fortunately our "reserves" are considerably better than those from 1978 or 1988 ... lets stuf them and get Yeovil away in the 4th Rd

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I can see both sides trying to score for the other side.

It might be more interesting if each team took on that role of trying to make sure the other team qualifies and attempted to score the most own goals. The goalies wouldn't be able to use their hands in the opposition area, so it would be 100% football.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
At £25 a ticket the club have a duty to take this match seriously. Will be some fans attending to get their fifteen points and can’t blame them for that.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
This shitty attitude of picking and choosing when to send out the strongest team has to end. The Albion have been guilty of sending out a weakened team in the cup competitions for years now, and there was even a thread on here the other day advocating sending out a weakened team against 'The Big Six' in order to give the first choice players yet more resting time. Because, let's face it, the frequent international breaks are barely enough downtime for these precious souls. :rolleyes:

Agreed . Play best eleven and thrash the scum.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The cup is increasingly irrelevant and I suspect both teams have too much to lose and will field fringe and reserve team players, in spite of the rivalry...oh and I remember the last time we had a good cup run, got all the way and ........oh yeah, got relegated....not this time thank you.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can see both sides trying to score for the other side.

It might be more interesting if each team took on that role of trying to make sure the other team qualifies and attempted to score the most own goals. The goalies wouldn't be able to use their hands in the opposition area, so it would be 100% football.
Weell thats a win for us then we have Dunk.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here