Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else prepared to forfeit the Palace game?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Outrageous to some, but . . .

With the 3rd round FA Cup tie against Palarse looming, and with our league form slipping, is anyone else prepared to forfeit this game? I know that to many it's versus our sworn enemy, but surely Premier League survival has to come first. We will doubtless be fielding many squad players in this competition anyway.

Cowfold Seagull dons his hard hat, in readiness for the abuse that will surely follow. :shootself

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Even if it's the only round we get through, it's a win I'd like, and one cup game won't dent the Prem schedule much!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No !!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As long as both us and Man City are knocked out before the quarter finals I don't really mind, although would much rather lose in the 4th or 5th rounds

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

With the 3rd round FA Cup tie against Palarse looming, and with our league form slipping, is anyone else prepared to forfeit this game? I know that to many it's versus our sworn enemy, but surely Premier League survival has to come first. We will doubtless be fielding many squad players in this competition anyway.

Cowfold Seagull dons his hard hat, in readiness for the abuse that will surely follow. :shootself

If it's guaranteed safety, yes.

Otherwise no way. I am not spending £25 on a ticket and organising an extra coach for Mid Sussex Seagulls members to throw a match against the gate crashing pyrotechs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Let's hope BOTH clubs aren't prepared to forfeit the tie in search of Premier League survival, else we'll be there all night.

You never know, the game may go to a replay, refereed by the modern day version of Ron Challis, in which twenty seven penalties will be awarded, numerous players sent off, and Palarse win 1-0. Cue a riot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This shitty attitude of picking and choosing when to send out the strongest team has to end. The Albion have been guilty of sending out a weakened team in the cup competitions for years now, and there was even a thread on here the other day advocating sending out a weakened team against 'The Big Six' in order to give the first choice players yet more resting time. Because, let's face it, the frequent international breaks are barely enough downtime for these precious souls. :rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perfect opportunity to give Kaz a ( final ?) game for the albion.

D

Deleted member 2719

If Hughton sticks out a second 11,

1)He doesn't understand the FA Cup
2)He doesn't understand the Brighton/Palace Derby

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
It shows how shit modern football has become when an FA Cup game against your rivals for the first time in 30 years is seen as a bit of an inconvenience. In years gone by this would have been THE game of the season.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
This is the season of our dreams and now added to it we have Palace in the Cup ! Lets make sure the stadium is full and rocking

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It shows how shit modern football has become when an FA Cup game against your rivals for the first time in 30 years is seen as a bit of an inconvenience. In years gone by this would have been THE game of the season.

This.

Said backwards : siht

Said jumbled; hsTi

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
If Hughton sticks out a second 11,

2)He doesn't understand the Brighton/Palace Derby

To be fair if you listened to Woy's press conference before our League game the other week, you'd have heard he was quite clueless about the rivalry until very recently. Didn't stop him putting out a first XI including Hennessey, Benteke and Zaha. I mean sure the Cup is different to a League game, but I suspect Hodgson will field a strong squad regardless.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that it will be an overpriced reserve match and another 0-0 draw. Exactly what no one wants. The bragging rights would have been huge just a season ago but. Although fans will want a win, no one will be that upset by a loss.

My guess is that there will be a maximum of 5 players who are involved in the league games either side.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here