Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Calling occupants of interplanetary.....?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
'Astronomers using NASA data calculate that in our galaxy alone there are at least 8.8 billion Earth-sized planets that are not too hot or not too cold and circle stars that are just like our sun, according to a study published Monday.4 Nov 2013'

Utterly absurd to think that our planet is the only planet anywhere that is currently supporting life. The sheer numbers involved make that infinitely more unlikely than likely.

The big question though is how or why lifeless molecules suddenly changed to form life.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Best estimate atm is 100-200 Billion galaxies...

Every time I do the Drake equation, even using what to my mind are ridiculously small numbers, I come out with an estimate of thousands of intelligent life forms currently out there somewhere...

There are none. It would be obvious if there were.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It looks like a rock to us, again because our preconceived idea of a space ship comes from Star trek, Stars Wars etc.

The rock is an artist’s impression not a photo, so there goes your daft conspiracy theory!

Now, back to the real world. Scientists have told us it’s around 800m long which is half the length of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Whilst I’d like to rule out that particular space craft, there is no convincing evidence to my mind that a ‘compact’ Imperial Star Destroyer could not be produced at half the original size. Also, the picture looks a bit like a Star Destroyer in terms of shape and form.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
Vogon constructor fleet?

The plans for the galactic highway have been on the wall at Alpha Centauri for 6 months so it's our own fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here