Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion are much praised on owlstalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You sure that's a real Sheff Wed board, all that praise for TB, PB and CH brings a tear to the eye, I almost feel sorry for them

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I hope they sort themselves out and push for promotion. I'd love to see Sheff Weds in the PL.

Really? Haven't they already been there? How about Barnet, Wrexham, Rotherham, Plymouth, Leyton Orient, Brentford, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Tranmere, Newport County...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really? Haven't they already been there? How about Barnet, Wrexham, Rotherham, Plymouth, Leyton Orient, Brentford, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Tranmere, Newport County...

Of course and if any of those sides had a chance of getting into the PL I'd be delighted too. I think away days in Sheffield are brilliant, their fans are noisy and travel in large numbers. They're Leeds but without the chip on their shoulder.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Of course and if any of those sides had a chance of getting into the PL I'd be delighted too. I think away days in Sheffield are brilliant, their fans are noisy and travel in large numbers. They're Leeds but without the chip on their shoulder.

As an away team or in the playoffs maybe but often Hillsborough is like a library. Its was silent there when we won 1.2 with Baldock and Knockaert goals. They only scored very late to end what was nearly 5 games without conceding I think.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As an away team or in the playoffs maybe but often Hillsborough is like a library. Its was silent there when we won 1.2 with Baldock and Knockaert goals. They only scored very late to end what was nearly 5 games without conceding I think.

True but a lot of clubs have fans that are relatively quiet at home and rowdy away. Up until recently, we could possibly have said that about us.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
True but a lot of clubs have fans that are relatively quiet at home and rowdy away. Up until recently, we could possibly have said that about us.
Been a few years since I been a home game to be fair. Going both Burnley and Watford games though [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
CGC012-christmas-sid-james.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday, you say?!
Nah, **** ‘em ... Merry Christmas!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like most of us on here, I've never really had much time for Sheff Wednesday, but it has been hard to dislike them in recent seasons. Owlstalk amuses me no end, and they are pretty decent over there really. Give me Wednesday over Leeds any day. That said, I much prefer the Blades and was delighted when they spanked Wednesday at the rust bucket earlier in the season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its a decent forum owlstalk.

I'm surprised the manager has not gone yet.

We met up with a Wednesday fan in a recent visit to Munich. Decent guy, who had no truck with the Albion.

Apparently the manager is very "Well In" with the owner. He is practically unsackable. Much to the chagrin of the fans.

Sheff Utd were founder members of the PL.

Where does the expression Founder Members come from, is it a Sky thing?

I mean, it's not like they all got together and decided it would be a good idea or anything, they were just there.

It's a bit like me saying I'm a founder member of December 12th 2017, because I happen to be alive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here