Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First ever Albion promotion winning team 1957/58

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The Albions first promotion winning team, can any of you old fans name all those in the picture?

Albion 3.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloke in the middle with white shirt, dark jersey is Colin W*nker.

Top left is Goebbels.

Below him is Johnny Hallyday and the chap leaning on him is absolutely muntered. Definitely double-dropped and it's kicked in big time. Skalak could learn a thing or two from him about celebrating promotion.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Back row Dennis Foreman Frankie Howard Don Bates Flash Gordon
Front Glen Wilson Eric Gill Hodges Whitburn Adrian Thorne Joe Wilson

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Back row Dennis Foreman Frankie Howard Don Bates Flash Gordon
Front Glen Wilson Eric Gill Hodges Whitburn Adrian Thorne Joe Wilson

Very good, the Whitburn was in fact Ken Whitfield . So that just leaves the two full backs, one top left back row and and the face between the Chairman and Adrian Thorne, also the centre forward standing in front of Glen Wilson.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very good, the Whitburn was in fact Ken Whitfield . So that just leaves the two full backs, one top left back row and and the face between the Chairman and Adrian Thorne, also the centre forward standing in front of Glen Wilson.
Roy Jennings is next to Dennis Foreman. He was still playing into the 60's

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I can remember that promotion in the late 50's . I was too young to be a fan, Dad did not go , and no tv football or net of course. It was a big local event though . Does my memory deceive or were there Albion pics and commemorative signs along Brighton seafront?

When I started attending games Frankie Howard was groundsman and Glen Wilson was with the club staff. Loyal servants...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here