NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sad news. RIP Cheggers.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
RIP Cheggers

Death of Keith Chegwin has been reported aged 60, following a long term lung problem.
RIP Cheggers.

Only moved to Shropshire quite recently, didn't realise it was to end his days here.

RIP Cheggers and condolences to Maggie Philbin ....

Always fancied Philbin when I was younger.

Bit of a munter now though so even though she's single again she's safe from me.

:thumbsup:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Am sure the poor sod who had to swap his brand new scalextrix for a poxy 8 piece jigsaw puzzle won’t be to upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
rest in peace

I remember him in macbeth, small part, murdered at the begining

He wasn't - he played Fleance and he, rather crucially for the plot of the play, survived. It's his survival that starts casting doubt in Macbeth's mind.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He wasn't - he played Fleance and he, rather crucially for the plot of the play, survived. It's his survival that starts casting doubt in Macbeth's mind.

Apologies for hijacking the thread but as a keen Shakespeare buff, have you heard of William McGonagall, Scotland's worst poet? He once played the lead role in a production of Macbeth but got so angry at being upstaged by MacDuff that he refused to die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagall

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P. Cheggers - a genuinely fun guy and one of the few child entertainers of my youth not to have been tainted by Operation Yewtree.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Preferred him when he presented that C4 program in the buff, RIP as stated by others for far to many of us another great memory from our youth has passed away.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A real kids entertainer, even when he had his problems he managed to turn on the fun, never took himself seriously, just had that downer session when in the booze.
As well as George Micheal, Cheggers in Extras was just brilliant, one of those things that no matter how many times I watch it I am in fits of laughter, especially the out takes version.
Shame about the naked jungle tackle out programme, but he was a total pro.
I miss those innocent kids programmes.
I have an inkling that he goes back as far as Junior Showtime.
Great shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here