Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Keith chegwin RIP

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He's not part of my youth because I am older then him....... but my kids loved him and he was genuinely entertaining.

Everybody's favourite fun loving pr@t?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wasn't a big fan but have not heard any negative comments from him and some very touching comments on the news tonight.
RIP Cheggers and condolences to family and friends.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wasn't a big fan but have not heard any negative comments from him and some very touching comments on the news tonight.
RIP Cheggers and condolences to family and friends.

This, I was not a huge fan but it has been lovely to hear the many genuine tributes. Not a bad epitaph to be loved and admired by so many.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
His autobiography is worth a read, the extremes he went to to conceal his drinking, even utilising a partially hollow tree trunk in his garden to stash bottles of booze.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A real kids entertainer, even when he had his problems he managed to turn on the fun, never took himself seriously, just had that downer session when in the booze.
As well as George Micheal, Cheggers in Extras was just brilliant, one of those things that no matter how many times I watch it I am in fits of laughter, especially the out takes version.
Shame about the naked jungle tackle out programme, but he was a total pro.
I miss those innocent kids programmes.
I have an inkling that he goes back as far as Junior Showtime.
Great shame.

Yes, he started off on Junior Showtime as a youngster. He was bubbly & fun, even then.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A few of the obituaries mention that he was in the band Kenny and had a hit with The Bump. I'm sure this is misinformation that keeps getting regurgitated. Although not claiming to be an authority on Kenny, if such a thing exists, I'm pretty certain he was never in the band Kenny so I'm not sure where this information has emerged. I realise you can't libel the dead but it's unfair to tarnish his reputation with this reprehensible smear campaign. If there are any authorities on Kenny amongst NSC I am prepared to stand to be corrected.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
A few of the obituaries mention that he was in the band Kenny and had a hit with The Bump. I'm sure this is misinformation that keeps getting regurgitated. Although not claiming to be an authority on Kenny, if such a thing exists, I'm pretty certain he was never in the band Kenny so I'm not sure where this information has emerged. I realise you can't libel the dead but it's unfair to tarnish his reputation with this reprehensible smear campaign. If there are any authorities on Kenny amongst NSC I am prepared to stand to be corrected.

I'd never heard of Kenny so googled 'Kenny the Bump' ... I now feel quite sick and unable to help - sorry
A 'band' worse that the BC Rollers :sick:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'd never heard of Kenny so googled 'Kenny the Bump' ... I now feel quite sick and unable to help - sorry
A 'band' worse that the BC Rollers :sick:
Check out their other hit "Fancy Pants". It might help you re-evaluate your opinion of them. Don't be so quick to dismiss their entire career on the evidence of just one song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here