Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] " We came here with a good away record " ( CH post match )

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just what is a good away record?
Is seven points out of 24, failure to score in 5 of those 8 games and two wins against teams that will never play that poorly again, regarded as good going in the PL ( for a team of our status ) ?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Before Saturday Brighton had the third BEST defensive record away from home. I’d say that’s an impressive record, as were the performances at United, Swansea and West Ham. We were also very good for 70 minuets verses Bournemouth!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Such a desperately disappointing result that we couldn't compete at Huddersfield.

Especially as the next 4 games are so tricky.

Come on albion, give us some festive cheer.

D

Deleted member 2719

Such a desperately disappointing result that we couldn't compete at Huddersfield.

Especially as the next 4 games are so tricky.

Come on albion, give us some festive cheer.

We need every player to be on it Wednesday or we be bottom two for form over the last 6 games.

Thank f**k for the Geordies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just what is a good away record?
Is seven points out of 24, failure to score in 5 of those 8 games and two wins against teams that will never play that poorly again, regarded as good going in the PL ( for a team of our status ) ?

Just as a frame of reference. Burnley last season were W0 D4 L12 for their away record before the end of April.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Albion started this season's PL under others expectations of us not doing well.
We did alright at the start, having a minor blip, which I'm damn sure we'll move out of soon.
Good away records are alright, but you need to focus on the here and now, take each game one step at a time. IMO

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
CH is right our away record is pretty good and lets be fair what was he going to say? We really needed to get something at Huddlesfield? . What's worrying to me is our form especially at home over the last month or so. We made a good start which has brought us some breathing space but we need to start picking up points soon and our next few fixtures are tough. If we were to lose the next four which is quite possible, we are probably in the bottom three with a long winless run and consequently a much harder task to get the new blood that we so desperately need.

Our lads look tired, the options to replace them are limited especially in forward areas. We knew this would be a problem and it has become one. Are we down? Are we hell! But we do have some problems. A lot depends on the next window for me. Can we get two or three in that can revitalise our squad? I hope that work has already been done. To be fair I have been pleasantly surprised so far and its only a couple ot weeks since we went to United and should've got something from an excellent performance but our home form needs to improve quickly..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But they were good at home. We haven’t been, especially recently.

After 16 games they were:
W5 D2 L9 pts17 pos.13th [F15 A26]

From game 12 to 17, they were W1 D0 L5 including a crushing 4 nil defeat at West Brom. They dropped to 16th at Xmas.

They basically had a brilliant Boxing Day to end of January period where they picked up W4 D0 L2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here