Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we get stuffed at Spurs, will it be time to "do a Stoke"?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Wouldn't think so. Us Brighton fans are too meet and polite for such animosity. We clap when we win and we clap when we lose. It's the Brighton way.

For the first time in years I didn't applaud the players off on Saturday, didn't think they looked interested or did enough to warrant me getting my hands out of my coat pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Obviously not. They're far more angry than we'd be, after all they have to go back to Stoke. That's tough on anyone.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
No but this place will go into a complete meltdown.

Not convinced it’s an if (we’ll get stuffed) either, we’ll do well to limit them to 3

No in answer to the thread. We have so many challenging games in December I think we need to take whatever happens on the chin and hope for better in the New Year

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
so far this season, we are ahead of what I thought would happen, obviously winning away at west ham and swansea were not on many peoples prediction list and the points were gratefully received>I predicted nothing vs man city liverpool arsenal and man u and thats exactly what we got but I expected us top beat palace and we didnt, and maybe a draw with hudds but we didn't get that.Therefore we are currently still slightly ahead of mine and most peoples predictions for this season. I am also expecting that we will probably lose at spurs (like most teams will do) so will not be baying for the managers blood or singing that the players are not fit to wear the shirt.
Obviously, I want to see energy and effort from the boys and if they do that and still lose then so be it
The upcoming Burnley, Watford, Newcastle & Bournemouth games are where we really do need to stand up and be counted

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
so far this season, we are ahead of what I thought would happen, obviously winning away at west ham and swansea were not on many peoples prediction list and the points were gratefully received>I predicted nothing vs man city liverpool arsenal and man u and thats exactly what we got but I expected us top beat palace and we didnt, and maybe a draw with hudds but we didn't get that.Therefore we are currently still slightly ahead of mine and most peoples predictions for this season. I am also expecting that we will probably lose at spurs (like most teams will do) so will not be baying for the managers blood or singing that the players are not fit to wear the shirt.
Obviously, I want to see energy and effort from the boys and if they do that and still lose then so be it
The upcoming Burnley, Watford, Newcastle & Bournemouth games are where we really do need to stand up and be counted

So, you expected / predicted draws at home v Stoke / Saints / Everton / Palace?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Stoke fans locked on train, and Stoke players were allowed to depart first after it arrived back at Stoke after the mauling against Spurs.

Mark Hughes says Saturday's Stoke station incident might prove to be a positive for him and his players.

Angry fans chanted insults and surrounded the team bus as it waited to ferry the Stoke squad from the station after returning from Saturday's 5-1 drubbing by Tottenham at Wembley.

And when asked about the incident, Hughes said this afternoon: "That could possibly be a good thing. Sometimes we are accused as managers, coaches and players of being in a bubble and sometimes you have to be exposed to the genuine feeling of the fans.

"On the day it was a little bit emotional, clearly. We were hurting as much as the fans were.

"We probably irritated them a little bit because for whatever the decision was made that the doors on the train were locked and they couldn't get out and we were allowed to get off first.

"I don't know who made that decision, but that maybe upped the level of frustration as well.

He continued: "We understand totally it (Stoke's performance) wasn't acceptable on the day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s two way: players travel with fans like old days. Fans then don’t abuse players in return. Stoke fans are embarrassment. Lost a few games boo hoo. Sakes...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The problem as others have said is expectations but the club don't help themselves.

Shawcross was on tv the other day banging on about how they should be an established top ten side etc. They are Stoke City FFS. You reap what you sow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here