Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we get stuffed at Spurs, will it be time to "do a Stoke"?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Almost every single Premier League team on the West Coast Mailnline use Virgin Trains incl Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea to get to and from London games in booked out first class carriages. Coaches pick them up and drop off straight off train at Euston. A 2 hour journey by train with a waiter service and full catering or over 4 in a coach on the M6 hoping youre not a victim of weekend traffic. No brainer!

Let the train take the strain. Eric Cantona's probably in there somewhere as well with his "time to breathe" stuff..... or was that Eurostar? which is still a train.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I expect nothing from the Spurs game. In the past it would have been a great occasion, little old us at Wembley playing Spurs.... Of we no longer think that way and three precious points are at stake . However , the difference in class and experience is a chasm . If we come away nil nil or manage to score, I will be delighted.
Get the game over and look to the next one.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let the train take the strain. Eric Cantona's probably in there somewhere as well with his "time to breathe" stuff..... or was that Eurostar? which is still a train.

Eurostar, I think. "Time to work" was the surreal part. What sort of work do footballers do on a train? Maybe check their offshore bank accounts, I suppose ...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Every club has 'fans' like this who prefer to rip into the players/manager when things go wrong,instead of being positive.I remember fans tearing into the Dim Finn quite soon after kick-off at Brum.:facepalm:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fail to see what's new here it's been happening for decades amongst football fans. Albion fans turned on Hypia, Caskey and others quick enough let's not pretend it never happens at the Albion.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Players going on a train, what is it 1980 again

A 1980’s train ride to go with Hughes’ 1980’s tactics.

Stoke fans are bored of his football and he’ll probably be gone by the end of January as mid-table isn’t good enough for them. Just where do they think they were going to finish? The Premier League is basically the top six and everyone else.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Does it become boring stuck in the middle of the Premier League year after year, no chance of relegation, no chance of cracking the BIG 6. Let's hope we find out!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No .....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I expect nothing from the Spurs game. In the past it would have been a great occasion, little old us at Wembley playing Spurs.... Of we no longer think that way and three precious points are at stake . However , the difference in class and experience is a chasm . If we come away nil nil or manage to score, I will be delighted.
Get the game over and look to the next one.

I did that after the Liverpool game. Huge gulf in class and we were due a hammering. No surprise and little disappointment.

Heads up for Huddersfield then. Not an easy game, but fellow promotees and we should at least be competetive and give them a game. Oh....wait.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stoke need to get more realistic about their expectations

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I did that after the Liverpool game. Huge gulf in class and we were due a hammering. No surprise and little disappointment.

Heads up for Huddersfield then. Not an easy game, but fellow promotees and we should at least be competetive and give them a game. Oh....wait.

Indeed. Everyone seems to be writing off games and targetting others, we come abit unstuck when the ones we write off go to plan and the targetted ones don't.

We need to play well and Spurs need to have an off day and we still might come away with nothing. Need to believe we can get something though.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[tweet]939596747495694337[/tweet]

FURIOUS Potters fans greeted their players with a rendition of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” after they stepped off the train at Stoke station.

Mark Hughes’ side arrived back in the Potteries on the back of a dismal 5-1 defeat at Tottenham.

Stoke players were given a rough ride after they stepped off the train in the Potteries

And frustration from fans boiled over in Stoke-on-Trent when they learned that the first-team were standing at the end of the platform.

Stoke players and staff were let off the train first, keeping other passengers behind before they eventually let the supporters out.

But it didn’t prevent them from belting out the song before more chants of “Mark Hughes out” echoed around the station.

100% no.

If anyone even considers that then I would be stunned. If there was widespread reaction like this, I’d be ashamed.

They are all fit to wear the shirt for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Obviously not true supporters, though I do think it is right that players and staff know how the people who help towards their income feel.
This is not the right way to do it though.

What is a 'true supporter'? One that keeps their mouth shut and turns up week in, week out...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Almost every single Premier League team on the West Coast Mailnline use Virgin Trains incl Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea to get to and from London games in booked out first class carriages. Coaches pick them up and drop off straight off train at Euston. A 2 hour journey by train with a waiter service and full catering or over 4 in a coach on the M6 hoping youre not a victim of weekend traffic. No brainer!

Just never really considered it, don't think it happened when I was there though I can see the sense in it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here