Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Izquierdo needy? Why?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nonsense.

Cracking player, exactly what we need to turn defence into attack, and make teams worry about us on the break. He doesn't look happy for some reason, and maybe he is used to things revolving around him a bit more, but if we can get him firing he could be absolutely CRUCIAL to our survival.

And so is Knocky. Is that where the problem lies?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You have no idea what a troll is, proper weirdo comment.

Troll.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really like him - he would be my first choice winger every game. I actually think he has done the defensive side of the game really well and he clearly scares defenders with his pace when he's on the ball.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't start on Wednesday.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I really like him - he would be my first choice winger every game. I actually think he has done the defensive side of the game really well and he clearly scares defenders with his pace when he's on the ball.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't start on Wednesday.

Disagree. Hopefully we start with Schellotto and Brown again. That'll scare the life out of Ben Davies/Danny Rose and Kieran Tripper/Sergie Aurier

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He hasn reached the heights expected because we do not play to his strengths. He is very quick so we put the ball to his feet when he is surrounded by players rather than into a space for him to run into and leave the defender standing. Strange really that everybody can see this bar those that matter or count.

D

Deleted member 2719

I really rate him and think CH is not using him to his strengths and this all goes back to the defend, defend, defend, mentality.

Lets hope CH see that and releases him to express himself, before it all goes tits up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He hasn reached the heights expected because we do not play to his strengths. He is very quick so we put the ball to his feet when he is surrounded by players rather than into a space for him to run into and leave the defender standing. Strange really that everybody can see this bar those that matter or count.

Do you really think that management don't?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And so is Knocky. Is that where the problem lies?

When he played against Leicester in the Champions League, scoring a cracker and giving them problems with his pace, JI was being played on the right rather than the left. Immediately cuts out the predictable cutting inside and he's quick enough to go outside players. I've posted this before but it really is worth a look.

Now guess who mostly plays right wing for us.......

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I honestly think he is the best player at the club. I always feel like something good could happen at any moment when has the ball. Its true he hasnt gelled with the rest of the team yet. But he has had limited match minuets to get that right. He has obviously found some trouble adjusting or he would play more for sure.

Really hope he fully settles at the club. He is genuinely a really exciting player. I don't think we have seen half of his capabilities yet. Just fleeting glimpses.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I honestly think he is the best player at the club. I always feel like something good could happen at any moment when has the ball. Its true he hasnt gelled with the rest of the team yet. But he has had limited match minuets to get that right. He has obviously found some trouble adjusting or he would play more for sure.

Really hope he fully settles at the club. He is genuinely a really exciting player. I don't think we have seen half of his capabilities yet. Just fleeting glimpses.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When you see him making a run ( and Murray to be fair) and then Stephens have the ball, ignoring him and turning backwards towards dunk and Duffy, you can understand if he is perplexed as to what he is
supposed to do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When you see him making a run ( and Murray to be fair) and then Stephens have the ball, ignoring him and turning backwards towards dunk and Duffy, you can understand if he is perplexed as to what he is
supposed to do.

Stephens' job is really to break up play, win the ball and retain it. We were a bit of an unknown quantity at the start of the season and people were giving us a bit more time on the ball. Man United essentially played 4-2-4 against us which suited our central midfield down to the ground, which is why we looked so good and Stephens and Propper had a good day. Klopp and Wagner have both understood that if you close down our two central midfielders quickly then they panic in to playing backwards or giving it away. However, only teams that are really good at the press will get away with this so you still won't see it every week. There will be plenty who want or need to play their own game against little old Brighton.

What I think our attacking players are crying out for is a player like Vicente (yeah, I know) who can be creative and attacking from midfield. No one will ever recreate moments like the run he did against Derby but, when you watched Vicente, he never ever played a negative pass, even under pressure, He always went forward.

Such a player would actually cost as much as a marquee striker and be even harder to recruit, I do wonder, however, if a stop gap would be to give Stephens or Propper a week off and play Gross in a "number 8" role with Baldock supporting a striker. You'd sacrifice some solidity so I can't see CH doing it but it would become instantly more creative.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tougher league and playing for a team who don't dominate the whole league and most games.

This will make him a much better player than coasting and being a forward player with less responsibility in an easier league.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I really think there is a great player in there, we are just yet to fully see it. He makes blistering runs yet no one seems to pick it up and by the time they have the ball through to him is to late. Hopefully he can get some more game time and we can see what he is made of.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here