Votes: 164 61.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 12.0%

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Won't happen as it's not cool. There would be arguments as to who should bang it next and, we don't need it (as above) for Aaaaallllbyyyerrrrn and Seeeeeagulllllz so it's a NO from me.

The best two recent 'aways' imho for atmosphere from the homes were 'Boro and 'Udders. Both had good drummers in sync with ALL of the crowd.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No i much prefer this

applause4.gif

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
As much as I want to say NOOOOO.. I have to say the atmosphere at Huddersfield was very impressive and seems to drowned out any away support. This was quite evident on Saturday but even more evident last season even with a decent size following last season it seemed so hard to get behind the team and be heard. That must make it so much harder for our players imo. I honestly believe the Amex is a much nicer stadium and maybe with the added musical instruments would make it a very hard environment for away teams to succeed. Given that Huddersfield stadium seems very open maybe this is what we need to do to generate that great atmosphere in these newer stadiums. The atmosphere in all German stadiums is so much better than in English stadiums is this something that Wagner has introduced at the John Smiths Stadium?. Either way it is impressive.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
NO WAY PEDRO

Let's keep a nice end for away fans to have a sing-song whilst our 'singers' up the other end belt out 3 different songs at once...."Now is the time for marching" soon to accelerate into clapping as fast as you can by the time of "For Sussex by the Sea".

Marvellous, isn't it?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Who would decide which supporter has the drum?

I want one, if anyone else has one, it's my human right!

Seriously, the only way I want a drum at the Amex, is if Keith Moon is banging it, and I don't think that's gonna happen.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I voted yes to the drum, but actually thinking about it nah...

A much better solution for the out of sink singing would be to be handed a type of hymn sheet like they do in church, that maybe is numbered one to four, and on the giant screen it can flash up “turn to hymn number three” after three then flash a countdown 1, 2, 3 and we all sing in harmony and in time “stand up if you want a drum”

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If the drummer doesn't try to be that loud, and just beats out a decent rhythm, then I'd be for it with restraint. As an example the drummer at Celtic Park is decent, but very low key, never louder than the chanting or clapping, just helping things along.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
As much as I want to say NOOOOO.. I have to say the atmosphere at Huddersfield was very impressive and seems to drowned out any away support. This was quite evident on Saturday but even more evident last season even with a decent size following last season it seemed so hard to get behind the team and be heard. That must make it so much harder for our players imo. I honestly believe the Amex is a much nicer stadium and maybe with the added musical instruments would make it a very hard environment for away teams to succeed. Given that Huddersfield stadium seems very open maybe this is what we need to do to generate that great atmosphere in these newer stadiums. The atmosphere in all German stadiums is so much better than in English stadiums is this something that Wagner has introduced at the John Smiths Stadium?. Either way it is impressive.
no the Atmosphäre in german stadiums isnt so much better than in England .. it's different but i hate it at times too.. louder maybe but annoyingly monotone at times and often has little to do with what is happening on the pitch ... and pretty much the same in every stadium.. the bloke with the "Megaphon" with his back to the play and the inevitable drum doesnt help that effect in my opinion. Louder often. Better Seldom!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Can anyone who was at the 2010 World Cup dig out their Vuvuzela?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Having a drum doesn't mean it has to be beaten non stop for the whole match. Every time I go to Huddersfield I'm impressed. It's not just the drum, which is a bit monotonous to be honest, but it's the fact it gets the whole stadium singing together. The massive flags are impressive too, more spontaneous than Arsenal's official flags after a goal, as they seem to pop up for corners and at other times. Personally I think we should try a drum and maybe even a small brass section. Playing Good Old Sussex by the Sea and a few other we'll known Brighton songs every five minutes for 30 seconds to a minute. Let it die down for a bit, maybe the North Stand could sing a couple then the drum and band could start up and get the whole stadium singing again. I mean seriously what is the harm in that? It would be a bit of fun and create a better atmosphere imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here