Votes: 164 61.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 12.0%

• Total voters

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
What's the difference between a drum or trumpet and the same people starting a chant / song it's just someone leading the crowd.
I'm West Stand Lower and probably less than 10% sing maybe being lead by an instrument would encourage at the very least a clap.
Some people say the Amex acoustics are poor somehow need to amplify the North Stand for the whole crowd to participate.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why not ask the question in a different way. A drum doesn't have to be played constantly or not at all. Maybe ask, if there was a small band with 3-4 drummers and some brass that played GOSBTS at regular intervals plus maybe 3-4 other songs like Great Escape, for people to chant and sing along too. How many times would you be happy this happening during an entire match?
A) None B) 2 times C) 4 times D) 6 times E) Every 10 minutes F) Every 5 minutes G) Constant drumming.
Unless over half the people vote A) then a trial of some sorts might be justified.

A...
:nono:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Excuse my basic understanding of the rudiments of science, but if you want everyone singing in unison to the beat of a drum how exactly does that work when those at the south end of the ground (assuming drummer is in north), will never hear the drum beat at the same time as those in the north as the sound has to travel over 100 yards, creating a time lapse.

Unless we are suggesting piped drums through the Amex sound system!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why not ask the question in a different way. A drum doesn't have to be played constantly or not at all. Maybe ask, if there was a small band with 3-4 drummers and some brass that played GOSBTS at regular intervals plus maybe 3-4 other songs like Great Escape, for people to chant and sing along too. How many times would you be happy this happening during an entire match?
A) None B) 2 times C) 4 times D) 6 times E) Every 10 minutes F) Every 5 minutes G) Constant drumming.
Unless over half the people vote A) then a trial of some sorts might be justified.

That describes the England band, doesn't it? I vote A.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Disagree, they both claim they cannot hear what each other are seeing but the drum would keep time. I think it is a shame that anyone who went yesterday would not like similar at The Amex.

Really? I'm in WSU by the south touchline and it's pretty easy to discern what both sides of the North are singing.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
We had this discussion yesterday on the way home as it happens. Everyone does drums. We should go for bagpipes.
😄 There was a 'Piper' outside the ground playing bagpipes, so out of tune it was funny, especially as he had a sign saying available for New Year. I bet Huddersfield wouldn't mind him relocating.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
�� There was a 'Piper' outside the ground playing bagpipes, so out of tune it was funny, especially as he had a sign saying available for New Year. I bet Huddersfield wouldn't mind him relocating.

Yeah, the for hire sign made us laugh as well. He was terrible.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Or how about the Judge with a megaphone?

That really would have me relocating out of the North. Probably to Australia.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
just wish we would stop playing music after we've announced the teams, quite often the crowd starts to sing and start to create some atmosphere and then bloody ring of fire comes on

Catreptile

Mar 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I think drums are totally out of the question, they only sound 'good' when your team are actually playing well. What would be good is, if all of the north stand sang the same song at the same time, on the rare occasions it does happen, it does seem to spread round the ground, even in the East Upper, thus creating a pretty good atmosphere.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If there needs to be a drum then there needs to be drum auditions. There's a bloke at the foot of N1G who fancies himself as a bit of a drummer, and attempts to set off chants by thumping on the metal signage by his seat. Sadly he has zero sense of rhythm. Just sounds like he's doing 'I Am A Dick' in Morse Code.

And as one who sat directly in front of Grant With The Drum in the early Withdean years, I can report that it was a fine day indeed when he stopped bringing it. Hopefully somebody wrapped it round his head.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Pröpper job. :thumbsup: :xmas:

PurdueWorldsBiggestBassDrum.gif

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Do the North Stand have an official choir? Why not? New songs are submitted to a committee, lyrics and well-known melodies matched, song-sheets printed and distributed [or to Smart phones of course], and weekly practice nights in a Brighton pub. Anyone offering to start it? UTA

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Went to watch spurs leverkussen last year in the leverkussen section with some lev mates and they had two drums and a caller didnt like it at first but have to admit the 2000 lev fans made hell pf a lot more racket than the 78000 spurs fans and that was before lev scored in the middle of the second half was out but now im get the drums in

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Of the 28k Amex regulars we currently have 141 votes against and 61 for. Say what you will about NSC, but it certainly is representative.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It would be ok sometimes, but I would hate it to happen every match. It would be like the England supporters brass band playing "The Dambusters" theme for the 10,000,000th time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here