Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olivier Giroud

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
How did two people like this comment? You’ve made a (serious?) thread about us loaning an Arsenal striker, who also happens to be France’s starting striker on a pretty regular basis, who is probably on £100,000 a week+ and who would have multiple options that play at a higher level than us were he to be loaned out (he probably won’t be -who would Le Arse replace him with that would do the same job for a sensible price?).

You’ve then, rather hilariously, tried to make a joke about another player who is never gunna join us being out of our price range...

Please tell me you can see the contradiction here?

You obviously haven't sussed BG :moo:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Our biggest problem is probably scoring goals, Giroud is a French international striker looking to get into their world cup squad - and you can't see the logic in bringing in a hungry, motivated international-standard striker because we've already got some other strikers? Jesus Christ. :nono:

Then again, you'd still be seal-clapping Craig Mackail-Smith if he was here now - and even worse, criticising (bullying) [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] for suggesting he was a bit shìt..

BG bullies more people on here than bully him :moo:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I dont think that it will happen, but that wouldnt be an obstacle as how many posters on here commute the other way every day for work ie Brighton to London

Spot on.

Money won't be an issue. We saved 20 weeks salary at say £60K a week or more by not signing Jansen. That money is in the bank and there is only about 20 weeks of so to the end of the season. It's a no brainer to throw money at this position in January in an effort to stay up. The rewards are just too high not to.

You can easily throw in a rented property in Brighton for 6 months and the family can stay in both places, London and Brighton. Who wouldn't want to stay by the coast when the better weather comes?

This is not a Daft suggestion. Its a very good call on your part. The stumbling block for me as I aid before is that I think if he goes anywhere on loan then it will be to France in an effort to ensure he makes their World Cup Squad

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our biggest problem is probably scoring goals, Giroud is a French international striker looking to get into their world cup squad - and you can't see the logic in bringing in a hungry, motivated international-standard striker because we've already got some other strikers? Jesus Christ. :nono:

Then again, you'd still be seal-clapping Craig Mackail-Smith if he was here now - and even worse, criticising (bullying) [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] for suggesting he was a bit shìt..
So what are you going to do with Murray and Hemed?

3 players who bring similar qualities to the team, surely one has got to go?
What then in the Summer when Giroud and a target man have gone and the team is left with just Baldock and one other?
That's even worse than being back at square one, for a position the club has always struggled to fill.

As good as Giroud is, and the figures would suggest he's a long way from being as good as he was, to me going in for him (even if he were available) is straight from the 'Arry book of 'buy a name and work the rest out later'.

Bizarrely enough with the obvious exception of Chuba, Giroud is the only Arsenal I don't think we need.
Were this thread to have been about 'lucky Theo' at least the possibility would make sense.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Spot on.

Money won't be an issue. We saved 20 weeks salary at say £60K a week or more by not signing Jansen. That money is in the bank and there is only about 20 weeks of so to the end of the season. It's a no brainer to throw money at this position in January in an effort to stay up. The rewards are just too high not to.

You can easily throw in a rented property in Brighton for 6 months and the family can stay in both places, London and Brighton. Who wouldn't want to stay by the coast when the better weather comes?

This is not a Daft suggestion. Its a very good call on your part. The stumbling block for me as I aid before is that I think if he goes anywhere on loan then it will be to France in an effort to ensure he makes their World Cup Squad

Playing regularly for a Premier League would be just as good an option for him. Not that I think he'll be heading to Brighton anyway. There will be a lot of competition for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Theo Walcott would be ideal and has only played 11 times for Arsenal this season of which 3 were league games probably as a sub, the rest Europa or League Cup, but again I cannot see him as a probable signing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Theo Walcott would be ideal and has only played 11 times for Arsenal this season of which 3 were league games probably as a sub, the rest Europa or League Cup, but again I cannot see him as a probable signing.

Your back to yer daft suggestions now BG

Wallcott can't stay fit. You have to get someone who doesn't come with sick notes on tow if you are gonna spend this sort of money for a striker

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Apologies. Just noticed it wasn't yours

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apologies. Just noticed it wasn't yours

That was me picking a name at Arsenal that to me at least, made more sense for the Albion, at this time.

I did a rudimentary investigation, (assuming he is injured) and it turns out his not, or at least not reported as crocked.
Christ knows how much they're paying him to not kick a ball.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That was me picking a name at Arsenal that to me at least, made more sense for the Albion, at this time.

I did a rudimentary investigation, (assuming he is injured) and it turns out his not, or at least not reported as crocked.
Christ knows how much they're paying him to not kick a ball.

He may not be injured now but he never stays fit and January to May we can't take chances on him staying fit with so much at stake

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He may not be injured now but he never stays fit and January to May we can't take chances on him staying fit with so much at stake

Deffo.
Fingers crossed a deal is all but done, as usual my only wish is that none of us have heard of him!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here