Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olivier Giroud

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It would be a deff yes from me, he is a great header of the ball , an upgrade on Murray all round. However doubt Arsenal would allow him to go on loan and his wages would be too high

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
No. We need to go for it. If we can prise Dembelle from Celtic then do it. Even if it costs £30m, if we stayed up it pays for itself, if we go down we'd get it back anyway.
Giroud is used to having very mobile players buzzing off him, that is not the way we play.
We need a Drogba 'type' player, very mobile, QUICK and strong. That is not Giroud.

If we are going to get one loan in this January from Arsenal I'd be after Wilshire.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I really struggle to see why Arsenal want to off load him to be honest, seems to be doing everything right at the moment and has done since he started playing for them.
He must have said something to upset the boss.
Never going to happen, but he is just what we want.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
WOW BG - You have hit '' Dizzy Heights '' Your posts often talk a lot of sense but your Transfer Suggestions usually leave a lot to be desired. In this instance I think it's an absolute Belter. I would go for Giroud as well but sadly I think he would chose to go to France if he goes out on loan in an effort to ensure he is picked for the World Cup.

Don't worry, as long as he plays regularly in the Premier League, (and even better if he scores), he will be noticed all around the world.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
7 goals at a rate of 1 every 113 minutes

They must be desperate to get him off of their books :ffsparr:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would be a PHENOMENAL signing. No chance. Massively underrated player due to following on from Robin Van Persie.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray is better than Giroud IMO

I love Murray but that is patently ridiculous. Giroud was close to world class a couple of years back. Often gets in ahead of Lacazette for France. He's a top, top striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stephens is better than Luka Modric

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I really struggle to see why Arsenal want to off load him to be honest, seems to be doing everything right at the moment and has done since he started playing for them.
He must have said something to upset the boss.
Never going to happen, but he is just what we want.

They don't want to offload him. Wenger has said he doesn't want to lose him in January. Giroud wants out as he's worried about losing his place in the France squad.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes please .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here