Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Calvert - Lewin goes down for another 'pushing' penalty

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I like him as a young striker, but surely a ban must be heading his way for that dive today?

Even worse than when he went down at The Amex in the 89th minute, a moment that cost us all our momentum!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
100%, he received normal contact but thew himself in absolute hope imho

I am not sure what the exact framework they are working within for these retrospective bans, but my guess is that any contact makes it completely impossible to say with certainty that they shouldn't have gone down. I would imagine it is only dives in the sense of there being clearly no contact whatsoever that will be looked at.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Dive or knocked over by a gentle breeze, it has the hallmarks of a soft penalty.

Murray gets clearly taken out no penalty against Stoke and now this.

Whatever happened to that record that Liverpool used to hold for the longest period between away penalties conceded at Anfield

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Haven't seen today's, but how you can say the one against us wasn't a penalty is beyond me. Practically assault by Bruno.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Haven't seen today's, but how you can say the one against us wasn't a penalty is beyond me. Practically assault by Bruno.

The one against us WAS a penalty, but even then he threw himself quite spectacularly to ensure it was given. Today's was an absolute disgrace, and as much as I dislike Liverpool was not good to see.

ps You need to watch Westlander's excellent link just above.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Don’t think the issue will be wether there was contact as there was. I think he steps away from the ball into the player. He also makes the most of the contact. That’s what the panel will look at if they do at all but it’s one of those you’re thankful for getting as you get about 1 in 10 and annoyed if it’s gone against you

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dive or knocked over by a gentle breeze, it has the hallmarks of a soft penalty.

Murray gets clearly taken out no penalty against Stoke and now this.

Whatever happened to that record that Liverpool used to hold for the longest period between away penalties conceded at Anfield

I think you mean the longest period of time between away penalties conceded at Old Trafford. That was years.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
100%, he received normal contact but thew himself in absolute hope imho

100% this. He slammed himself in to reverse in order to be felled by Lovren.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think it was incredibly soft, but I also don’t think he dived. Lovren was just stronger. The referee should be answering for that to be honest.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It wa a pen, the ref said so. However, you won’t see many softer, the ref blew as it was Lovren, would never have been a foul outside the box.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Looks to me like the Jamie Vardy school of winning penalties. Get marginally in front of the opposition defender and throw yourself into their path so they have nowhere to go but into the back of you. Clever play and can be a very hard one to spot at full speed. Not a penalty for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here