Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Liam Rosenior?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree re Akpom, I feel much the same about Issy Brown. That's the big problem with loan players though. Maybe they are good when playing for their own clubs, but when on loan they so often seem happy to stay on the periphery of the action, or share the same desire as their team mates. They just don't want to put their foot in where it hurts.

I think there's a player in Brown, he was very good in part against Liverpool despite playing out of position on the left. I think he's an absolute number 10 without too much value when playing on the wing, but the jury is out on him still. I agree with the point about loan signings, we've seen plenty in the Amex era who have been very nonplussed.

But then we've also had Keith Andrews, Stephen Ward and Matt Upson who have all thrown themselves into the cause. I don't get the impression that Brown will be added to that list, but it's too early to tell. I'm sure Gross will get a rest soon, and Brown will play at number 10. That's when we can start to fairly judge him I think.

Yoda

English & European
He wasn’t good enough for Hull when they went up a few seasons ago and he’s not improved. Did a great job in the Championship but but two long term injuries seem to have been the end for him as a viable choice, especially at this level.

How is not having contract renewed upon relegation seen as not good enough? Their fans didn't want him to go and thought of him as one of their better defenders.

Yoda

English & European
I know this thread is about Liam, but Schelotto has only played one game, far far too early to write him off! :ffsparr:

Spoke to a Portuguese mate at the end of September, happens to be a Sporting fan. He seemed very happy to have gotten rid of him. Apart from pace, didn't offer much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How is not having contract renewed upon relegation seen as not good enough? Their fans didn't want him to go and thought of him as one of their better defenders.

I’d have expected any relegated team to try and hang on to their best players, so one has to assume that the powers that be chose not to keep him in their push for another promotion. He did a great job for us in his first season and his versatility was crucial to us as we rebuilt. I just think his injuries and time have caught up with him. He might be able to do a job at Championship level but seeing how even some of our best players have struggled to adapt to this league, I think he will only be a bit part player due to injuries or suspensions. He seems to be a thoroughly professional person, maybe there will be something for him here in the back room team come season’s end.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Could they perhaps promote and use him as U23s coach or manager his experience could be of great value to us and to young pros trying to make the grade.

Quite. There's more than one way to make use of his time. Although not promote him to U23 manager - we already have one.

Does Liam have any coaching experience? Even if he has he would need to be an experienced coach with the required badges to manage the u23's.

Which is precisely what the Albion have. Therefore, a perfect opportunity to gain that experience.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite. There's more than one way to make use of his time. Although not promote him to U23 manager - we already have one.

Which is precisely what the Albion have. Therefore, a perfect opportunity to gain that experience.

I was thinking , but it seems that I could be mistaken , that our U23s do not appear to be doing that well, hence the suggestion bout him being made manager or coach to use his experience.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was thinking , but it seems that I could be mistaken , that our U23s do not appear to be doing that well, hence the suggestion bout him being made manager or coach to use his experience.

I would go along with that coaching wise.

It is important that development takes priority over results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We ought to have kept Tomori as our loan from Chelsea, if we could have done. He totally bought into last season, was excellent and versatile. Instead he seems to be stuck at Hull.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Our U23 team record in Premier League 2 is...

P12 W4 D5 L3 F19 A19 Pts17

... and are 6th out of 12.

However, I'm not sure where you think Liam Rosenior's experience trumps Simon Rusk's experience.

It is important that development takes priority over results.

Quite.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
We ought to have kept Tomori as our loan from Chelsea, if we could have done. He totally bought into last season, was excellent and versatile. Instead he seems to be stuck at Hull.

When he had his first full game in the cup against Lincoln loads on here wrote him off as a dud player but he came through ok towards the end of the season. Perhaps the same might happen with Schelotto if he's given a chance?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
FWIW he was on the team bus on Saturday so at least he's still putting in appearance unlike Maenpaa who I saw in town straight after the Everton game pushing a pram loaded up with shopping!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our U23 team record in Premier League 2 is...

P12 W4 D5 L3 F19 A19 Pts17

... and are 6th out of 12.

However, I'm not sure where you think Liam Rosenior's experience trumps Simon Rusk's experience.

Quite.

Is it only when we play lower league teams like Exeter that we get beat which gives the impression of them not being very good. As regards comparing the two and their experience rthat is ridiculous even by your standards. Rusk played 250 games mostly non league or lower reaches of the FL and 3 games for Scotland U18s. Liam has played 390 games at the huifgher nd of the FL including The Premier with 4 U20s Caps and 7 U21 so their no comparison

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is it only when we play lower league teams like Exeter that we get beat which givews the impressuion of them not being veery good.

Harsh.

Have you seen them play much?

We have some really good lads, a couple may make it, 4 or 5 May have a pro career but they are all of a reasonable standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it only when we play lower league teams like Exeter that we get beat which givews the impressuion of them not being veery good.
It is true that we had 3 pretty woeful results in the checkatrade trophy, which possibly colours your view.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here