Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Uted Fans Arrival Times are being monitored

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At least if this style of approach was introduced by the Albion, a ready made excuse is available courtesy of Southern.

Just waiting for the United letter saying that you failed to visit the club shop on your visit to the ground, and you left on 85 minutes

Jul 7, 2003
In an email sent to a number of supporters, head of venue Dan Schofield tells them that their arrival times are being monitored.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...United-punctuality-warning.html#ixzz50rUFLB66
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Reading the comments on the security staff, I thought they were very good when we were there. They were helpful and handled things sensibly, politely and with a sense of humour.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Worries me. Soon everybody's movements will be continuously monitored. Big Brother has nearly taken over.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I love this bit-
However, one fan, who declined to be named, hit out at the note.
It then shows the email sent to Ian followed by a reply from Ian Stirling.
"Don't tell him your name Pike"

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I would expect clubs to monitor arrival and departure times of people anyway. Not on an individual basis to track people down but as a guide (e.g. if for a 19.45 kick off most fans arrive between 19.00 and 19.20) so that they can put out more staff / stewards / searchers etc.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The M40 and M6 north from London and the south east can be hell this time of year

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Reading the comments on the security staff, I thought they were very good when we were there. They were helpful and handled things sensibly, politely and with a sense of humour.

They are well used to dealing with Southern fans.

As for the original post, I'm not surprised they are monitoring arrivals and departures. Not only are there security issues if everyone arrives 15 minutes before kick-off but more importantly are the marketing issues. The club needs to make sure it knows when the pie and beer rushes are going to be to make sure they have enough food and drink ready to go and enough staff. They may say this helps the " matchday experience " but in reality its about money of course, all the time you are in the ground they want to extract cash from you in whatever way possible.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
At Brighton, they'll be monitoring departure times and those of us who stay until the final whistle will be getting curt reminders that we have homes to go to and if we continue to linger in the ground then the club will start imposing overstay fines similar to the system in supermarket car parks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At Brighton, they'll be monitoring departure times and those of us who stay until the final whistle will be getting curt reminders that we have homes to go to and if we continue to linger in the ground then the club will start imposing overstay fines similar to the system in supermarket car parks.

Barber, curt?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

In an effort to get you to **** off home we’ve decided to double the price of a pint after the game finishes, we have also taken the decision to close all food kiosks after the game except one and we aren’t telling you which one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here