Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bread and butter with a Sunday roast

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr has just requested bread and butter to go with the beef stew that's been bubbling away in the slow cooker since 4am.

Insomnia has it's uses :thumbsup:

#4SleepsTillChristmas.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
nom nom could nail that right now. Bread and butter with stew is essential

That's the job of the light and fluffy dumplings which are the size of a babies face!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Jnr has just requested bread and butter to go with the beef stew that's been bubbling away in the slow cooker since 4am.

Insomnia has it's uses :thumbsup:

#4SleepsTillChristmas.

That goes without saying - should always have a crusty loaf in to accompany a stew.

With a roast as well I have been known to - especially when having lamb and plenty of mint sauce however there is no excuse to not have a Yorkshire pud with all roasts

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
doesnt make any sence to me. and we're diverted from the real mystery, paying more for an option without yorkies :mad:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Well I did it and despite being a bit odd was actually nice. Had a roast beef parsnip and mustard envelope with my one slice and mopped the gravy with it. Would I do it again? Probably not as will try somewhere a bit classier next time but the snow up here restricted my options

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
When I was a kid bread and butter was always part of a dinner, not sure why but it was.

D

Deleted member 22389

That's a new one to me. Relative had brown sauce with his roast. It's actually quite nice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when i was young we had bread and butter with most meals ...especially fish and chips from the chippie on a Friday.

Its a northern thing.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Was brought up on Roasts with Bread and Butter, but it was only to finish up the gravy at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here