Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Database issues

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've turned off the User Tagging stuff (eg @Bozza) as it looks as though NSC's busy-ness may have exceeded what that modification was designed to do.

Please report back if you get the issue again.

I'm crossing my fingers...

fingers crossed. How the feck did you diagnose that?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've turned off the User Tagging stuff (eg @Bozza) as it looks as though NSC's busy-ness may have exceeded what that modification was designed to do.

Please report back if you get the issue again.

I'm crossing my fingers...

Is that why my Notifications have all disappeared? I was keeping them I had over 1400 :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
fingers crossed. How the feck did you diagnose that?

Hosts sent me details of a slow running query.

Is that why my Notifications have all disappeared? I was keeping them I had over 1400 :(

yeah Bozza has it disabled notifications too?

Notifications are still there - you should get them for quotes and thumbs up, I think, just not mentions. I'll need to look closer.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Notifications are still there - you should get them for quotes and thumbs up, I think, just not mentions. I'll need to look closer.

Yeah, I'm back to 3 now. Long way to go! But honestly not a big deal I don't know why I never looked at them, it was just a 'thing'.

If you want to try and save resources, what about disabling the 'search' facility? Those queries can run and run and often don't return results that you know are there. I always use Google's 'site:' facility now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No one will be getting notifications as I've disabled that functionality as it was causing the DB issues we were all experiencing.

I need to do some background work before I can enable it again, in order that it doesn't keep killing the site.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
No one will be getting notifications as I've disabled that functionality as it was causing the DB issues we were all experiencing.

I need to do some background work before I can enable it again, in order that it doesn't keep killing the site.

I personally would prefer a minute or two down time here and there as opposed to no notifications. You're the boss though:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here