Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Chris Hughton not learn from the last time we went to Huddersfield?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Yep, he did. He thought, I’ll do the same as I did last time, but with even more gusto.

By posing no threat up front, we just allowed them to press on.

CH will be kicking himself today. Lesson learned. Move on.

Agree, the second half we were much better. Do you think he should have made a double sub at half time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most others I tend to think a sub is like a magic spell (although the truth is often very little difference) so yes I would have liked a double sub but who was next worst (Gross, Brown, Glen) and who would have improved it. With no Knocky we couldn't move Izzy to number 10 and replace Gross, so Hemed for Glen? Baldock (no match fitness) for Gross? Nope I have no idea.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Like most others I tend to think a sub is like a magic spell (although the truth is often very little difference) so yes I would have liked a double sub but who was next worst (Gross, Brown, Glen) and who would have improved it. With no Knocky we couldn't move Izzy to number 10 and replace Gross, so Hemed for Glen? Baldock (no match fitness) for Gross? Nope I have no idea.

I think I would have bought Jose on for Gros and told the two of them they have 45 mins to change the game. And I’d have told Stephens to get the ball into the channels at the back and encouraged the subs to cut in and just bloody shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Fitness, pace, movement off the ball, quick movement of the ball - we don’t do these actually quite basic things very well and teams like Huddersfield do and we inevitably struggle. Our central midfield players (Stephens, Propper, Gross) lack pace and are too easily tracked down by Duracell teams....luckily for us not every team is a Duracell team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We go into every game intending to play the same way, there's no tactical plan to cope with the opposition and there's really no interest in preparing for specific threats other teams will cause. We'd go into a game with Huddersfield with the same game plan and tactics as if we were playing Stoke or Burnley. Different teams need different tactics but that's not what Hughton does, it's not what we do under him. It's not served us badly during his tenure to be fair, and it was only set pieces which were the difference yesterday.

Personally, I don't think we're going to score enough goals to stay up this season because we're playing too deep and we're not getting Pröpper Dave high enough up the pitch to get him involved. We saw for Holland that he's a threat in the box, but we're not allowing him to get forward. Suttner can cross a beautiful ball, but he's either watching from the stand or hiding on the half way line as per his instructions. Even when he can get forward, there's only Murray to hit in the box.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
so we go to old Trafford and play knocky and march but are seemingly more concerned by the expansive style of Huddersfield that we end up so defensive. makes no sense to me.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
Chris seems tobe lost and l think it's because we have a very small squad.We need reinforcements in January.Will Tony spend the money l hope so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here