Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barker and Corbett. Mastermind.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I don't really like the Two Ronnies, but this sketch and the one teaching Swedes English are wonderful.

FUNEM?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Love the two Ronnies. Still funny now and presumably ground breaking at the time (too young to know).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Simple and cheap laughs or genuine good humour well thought out ?

Both. I think that was the beauty of the Two Ronnies. Some of their humour was so basic and simple (The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town springs to mind), yet must have been carefully crafted and thought out. A bit like the casually scruffy just got out of bed look that takes hours to perfect.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Obviously 4 candles/fork handles is a classic but I also love the on where he is ordering a round of drinks at the bar. Lovely sketch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant comedy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really like the Two Ronnies, but this sketch and the one teaching Swedes English are wonderful.

FUNEM?

There was also that classic Two Ronnies Swedish sketch (maybe the same sketch, can't recall now) where Ronnie C goes into a chemist shop and announces in his best Swedish accent: "I would like to buy a deodorant". Ronnie B, behind the counter, asks: "Ball or aerosol?". To which Ronnie C replies: "No. Is for my armpits".

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
There was also that classic Two Ronnies Swedish sketch (maybe the same sketch, can't recall now) where Ronnie C goes into a chemist shop and announces in his best Swedish accent: "I would like to buy a deodorant". Ronnie B, behind the counter, asks: "Ball or aerosol?". To which Ronnie C replies: "No. Is for my armpits".

That's from Not the Nine O'clock News, isn't it? But yes it's very good :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here