Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield fans / Atmosphere

A credit to their club.

All 4 stands singing from before kickoff, non stop during the game and even at half time. Had a song for every player, great use of a drum ( can't beleive I'm saying that) and supported their team rather than give us crap.

First time I've ever felt outsung in the heart of the away end.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. Best Home support I’ve seen for a long long time. Puts all the bigger teams to shame.

I’d say we are still top half in terms of support but hard to see Huddersfield being beaten by anyway this season.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Best support I have witnessed for a while and friendly too. Credit to the club, the town and as long as it doesn't come at our expense I hope they stay up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In some ways it's everything the Amex isn't. One song starts and gets sung at the correct speed many of which are slow songs. Most players seem to have songs many are originals. The WHOLE Stadium responds in time. There doesn't seem to be ANY don't like that song so I'm not singing. The away end cannot compete so is silent for long periods. Most of the stadium stayed until the final whistle.

That said I haven't been there when they were losing

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Choreographed karaoke "now that's what I call euro football chants" ..bloke with megaphone..I hated it. Very very forced. Loud and continuous agreed. But incredible forced/false

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Choreographed karaoke "now that's what I call euro football chants" ..bloke with megaphone..I hated it. Very very forced. Loud and continuous agreed. But incredible forced/false

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agreed, and don't overlook the cardboard clappers

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Best support I have witnessed for a while and friendly too. Credit to the club, the town and as long as it doesn't come at our expense I hope they stay up.
Hard to argue with this. We are staying up for a couple of days and everyone has been friendly in that gruff northern way. No side to folk here. Complete contrast to Leeds.

I have deliberately avoided NSC given the poor performance and idiots I knew it would out, so not aware of another thread on the Magic Rock Tap, but this is probably the best pre-match drinking venue have ever been to. Great ale and superb atmosphere, all ages, fans mixing.

7 of us went to a terrific little Georgian restaurant near the station last night and again the staff could not have been friendlier, wished us well for the season and hoped we'd be back next year. I really hope we are.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
The home support was superb today, put the bigger clubs to shame.

Thanks for all the great comments folks. To be fair our away support and noise has been exactly the same, and we haven’t scored a goal since the opening day of the season. Appreciate many don’t like the drum, and the same with the clackers. A number of Town fans don’t like them either, with comments like “tinpot” regarding the clackers, but you know the kids actually love them. There’s usually a different design on them each week, so they even collect the dammed things.
In the great scheme of things, does it really matter? Hope we both stay up, it’s not going to be easy for either of us, but whatever happens Town for one aren’t going with a whimper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought it resembled a Hitler Youth rally or maybe X factor. I wonder if the more usual football fans were to the left of us whilst the karaoke teenagers were to the right.

Sounded great on the radio and for once I hardly heard the Albion. I bet the stadium wasn’t half empty at the final whistle either?

Did Izzy Brown make a beeline for his Chelsea mate at the final whistle!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here