Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield fans / Atmosphere

terrierbite

Mar 11, 2017
Inreasing Volumes at home

Huddersfield support is the twelfth man, whole ground singing one song. Knocks our home support into a cocked hat.

Thanks to the Brighton fans for your kind words ref home support and atmosphere ,the whole experience of being a Town supporter has changed in the last few years ,not just by promotion or being top end of championship, the atmosphere and feeling of being one with the club came during a 2-0 home defeat by Middlesboro when we were near bottom of league ,we absolutely battered them and it was David Wagner's first home game in charge ,the crowd could see the belief he had installed in the club in only 2 weeks and bought into it ,ally that to a top chairman who was on terraces with ourselves a few years ago ,hey presto atmosphere.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fair play hudds . Good club , good fans . Good luck to them .

We can generate good atmosphere but the acoustics at the Amex are proper strange . Have spoke to 2 Liverpool fans who said they couldn't hear the north at all the other day , said noise cane from the left .

The west often has different songs at different ends , combine with the speed we sing and everything rarely catches for long .

Lot of very middle class fans at the Amex quite worried about standing out as well .

We can be very good but not consistently

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Indeed, they all sing the same song, at the same time and at the same tempo.

We don't.

ahem....hate to say it but a drum, a cheerleader and clackers (possibly with the words to songs printed on them?) help!!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Thanks to the Brighton fans for your kind words ref home support and atmosphere ,the whole experience of being a Town supporter has changed in the last few years ,not just by promotion or being top end of championship, the atmosphere and feeling of being one with the club came during a 2-0 home defeat by Middlesboro when we were near bottom of league ,we absolutely battered them and it was David Wagner's first home game in charge ,the crowd could see the belief he had installed in the club in only 2 weeks and bought into it ,ally that to a top chairman who was on terraces with ourselves a few years ago ,hey presto atmosphere.

It's OK for you to have a rest from that now and then though.

Yesterday would have been a good time for a collective rest from singing and drumming.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
At the moment every Premier League club has stronger home support than we have.

You win my nomination for most ridiculous post of the season so far.

I've been to all games this season and I would say Arsenal, Man Utd, West Ham have been miles worse than our home support. Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford about the same, Leicester and Huddersfield better and louder.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Fair play hudds . Good club , good fans . Good luck to them .

We can generate good atmosphere but the acoustics at the Amex are proper strange . Have spoke to 2 Liverpool fans who said they couldn't hear the north at all the other day , said noise cane from the left .

The west often has different songs at different ends , combine with the speed we sing and everything rarely catches for long .

Lot of very middle class fans at the Amex quite worried about standing out as well .

We can be very good but not consistently

I don't buy this thing about The Amex acoustics. Huddersfield's ground is four separate stands as is Selhurst and they generate a fantastic atmosphere. Our problem as has been mentioned on here before is two parts of the same stand singing different songs at the same time.
We need a conductor............

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought it resembled a Hitler Youth rally or maybe X factor. I wonder if the more usual football fans were to the left of us whilst the karaoke teenagers were to the right.

Hitler youth rally? Was that trying to be funny?

Bit odd knowing that town have a german manager and Somme back room staff a small well sam german players.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
You win my nomination for most ridiculous post of the season so far.

I've been to all games this season and I would say Arsenal, Man Utd, West Ham have been miles worse than our home support. Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford about the same, Leicester and Huddersfield better and louder.

This...

I agree the atmosphere yesterday was amazing with all 4 sides of the ground singing the same song at the same time was incredible to witness, No doubt the drum and clackers had the required effect of keeping the tempo up even if they were so annoying. Having a decent drummer does help.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hitler youth rally? Was that trying to be funny?

Bit odd knowing that town have a german manager and Somme back room staff a small well sam german players.

Not really. It’s the best way to describe a bunch of people chanting in perfect unison as if to order. If you prefer I could describe it as a zombie rally being marshalled and controlled by an irritating drummer. I like Huddersfield as a place and enjoy watching their team play football but it’s safe to say I’m not keen on what they call atmosphere.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not really. It’s the best way to describe a bunch of people chanting in perfect unison as if to order. If you prefer I could describe it as a zombie rally being marshalled and controlled by an irritating drummer. I like Huddersfield as a place and enjoy watching their team play football but it’s safe to say I’m not keen on what they call atmosphere.

Wow..you would hate turkey...and Croatia, and Serbia, and Poland, and Slovenia, and america, and Argentina....good job you are watching us in the atmospheric Amex...it's like a cauldron every home game.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I ****ing hate drums but their support yesterday was immense, led by a well-timed drummer who kept them all going. All their noisiest singers are in one place, together, all wanting to sing. At the Amex, we’re disparate, dotted around in small clumps, so it’s difficult to get the atmosphere going. Whoever decided to stick the Udders’ singing section next to the away fans should take a bow, because away fans can’t compete with that incessant racket. Huddersfield home support shits all over Arsenal, West Ham, Man Utd...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Wow..you would hate turkey...and Croatia, and Serbia, and Poland, and Slovenia, and america, and Argentina....good job you are watching us in the atmospheric Amex...it's like a cauldron every home game.

I don’t hate anyone old chap. Just expressing a preference for a more traditional football atmosphere. I enjoyed my day immensely yesterday in the fine town of Huddersfield. I’m afraid there’s no controversy to generate here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don’t hate anyone old chap. Just expressing a preference for a more traditional football atmosphere. I enjoyed my day immensely yesterday in the fine town of Huddersfield. I’m afraid there’s no controversy to generate here.

Apart from referring to it as akin to a hitler youth rally. Ah well. Have. A lovely Sunday

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I ****ing hate drums but their support yesterday was immense, led by a well-timed drummer who kept them all going. All their noisiest singers are in one place, together, all wanting to sing. At the Amex, we’re disparate, dotted around in small clumps, so it’s difficult to get the atmosphere going. Whoever decided to stick the Udders’ singing section next to the away fans should take a bow, because away fans can’t compete with that incessant racket. Huddersfield home support shits all over Arsenal, West Ham, Man Utd...

Their singers were moved to that stand five or six years ago, so away fans stand no chance against the noise they make. Occasionally, the away fans get something going, which then prompts the home fans to start again.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I can see why the comment about Hitler Youth would raise eyebrows but I do agree completely with the gist of what you're saying if not the way you describe! It is all too orchestrated. If another fan fancies a go at starting a chant he's got no chance at all. One bloke calls all the shots.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here