Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “The fight has gone out of Brighton”

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
According to the MOTD commentator. Has it?

My view is that key players are knackered. We have been playing at a high tempo and you can only do that for so long without it catching up. It’s exposing the lack of strength in depth sadly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
According to the MOTD commentator. Has it?

My view is that key players are knackered. We have been playing at a high tempo and you can only do that for so long without it catching up. It’s exposing the lack of strength in depth sadly.

Mentioned this today on another thread . The squad rotation over the last month has been a baffling imo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We don't look fit to me. Huddersfield hassled us non stop for 90 minutes today and we couldn't keep up with the pace. Worrying going into a busy and important Christmas schedule.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I have to turn up most days a week to work- and I don't get 20 grand a week either.

A few days between 90 mins of footy should mean nothing unusual.I used to do that in my youth for no money.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The last 2 losses coincidently has Brown starting in both. We had been doing ok with Izquierdo or March on the left.Is there an obligation to play Brown?

As for Schelotto, apart from being out of position, he had as much attention from the opposition as what Liverpool put on Knockeart last week.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I have to turn up most days a week to work- and I don't get 20 grand a week either.

A few days between 90 mins of footy should mean nothing unusual.I used to do that in my youth for no money.

Usually Saturday afterrnoon and Sunday morning with 10 pints and 5 hours sleep inbetween. Never were we outplayed as easily as brighton today. Embarrassing. No excuses for not being as fit as other teams

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
If we were so terrible today and were going to lose anyway why not bring on Hünemeier , Baldock and Kayal. Get their match fitness up and give a rest to some of the other players.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
What was worrying today was the body language looked poor and there were some spats / arguments going on
Murray and Stephens was one

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It is baffling why Murray and Gross have been run into the ground the last few weeks when Hemed could have stepped up for Kurray for a game or two with little points impact and arguably Brown for Gross. Suspect our points haul would have be no worse. Possibly better.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Totally agree with this, I think it's bullshit to use 'tired' as an excuse. 20k a week minimum, only work half days to play 180 minutes tops in a 7 day period. How the hell can they get tired? Seriously.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What was worrying today was the body language looked poor and there were some spats / arguments going on
Murray and Stephens was one

I'd be more worried if we were playing badly and the players weren't getting the hump.

Players argue all the time, more so when they are losing, but not always the reason why they are losing.

boik

I don’t know why everyone thinks that the Albion are any different from other teams. All teams have bad runs; htfc had just lost 4 in a row and are now seemingly world beaters. Spurs were in crisis and just won 5-1. It’s what happens over a season. No need to analyse the @&@@ out of it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
In recent games we have simply just not kept the ball well at all which has meant we are spending far more time chasing around to get the ball back. Need to get back to moving the ball around and keeping possession as that is the solid base we have built on both last season and in our decent run this season

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Totally agree with this, I think it's bullshit to use 'tired' as an excuse. 20k a week minimum, only work half days to play 180 minutes tops in a 7 day period. How the hell can they get tired? Seriously.

Do you imagine they only play football on match days?

At the moment we are having to play most matches defensively, chasing the ball whilst other teams let the ball do the work. And we are doing this whilst using fewer squad members than other teams.

Chris has tried to rotate the squad but we don't have the strength in depth to sustain the standard. At least this has come to light just before the transfer window opens. I expect a busy January for player recruitment.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It seems to me we are just incapable of beating the press. When teams let us have the ball we have time to progress up the field and retain possession. When we are heavily pressed we either rush passes that don’t find the recipient or we get bullied out of possession as we are too lightweight.

We have seen this so clearly in the last 3 fixtures especially as the high press is part of the style of both Liverpool and Huddersfield. We are either not technically gifted enough to move the ball quicker to beat the press or we need more time on the training ground to practice these situations

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here