Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “Please please please use the ticket exchange”

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was the announcement loud and clear from the Huddersfield announcer on several occasions today. Desperate to get as many of their fans in the stadium.

Would be lovely if we pushed ours as much as this for sold out games rather than hide it away as an inconvenience.

Was the announcement loud and clear from the Huddersfield announcer on several occasions today. Desperate to get as many of their fans in the stadium.

Would be lovely if we pushed ours as much as this for sold out games rather than hide it away as an inconvenience.

Electronic ad board promoting it too

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Interesting as there was quite a few empty seats in the far end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Let's be honest, if the Albion launched this scheme there'd be uproar that the club were taking the piss:

"If you have released your adult Season Card for a match and your seat has been used for that specific match you will receive £5; for Under-18s you receive £3 and for Under-8s you will get £1."

Details >>> https://www.htafc.com/news/2017/nov...rs-seats-available-through-terrier-exchange//

I’d be more than happy with that. I don’t want money for my seat, just an easy way to get someone in it if I don’t go. Ps) I always go but it seems a lot of others don’t.

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Yes but our season card was £190, therefore £10 a game, so you're getting a fiver back off next years season card price, and the club get to make some money by selling it on at £30 a ticket. What's so bad about that, it's better than getting nowt, not turning up, and the ground not being full. If you see empty spaces, then it's folk who can't be arsed with ticket exchange, because every game, yes even Brighton is a sell out. Yesterday 24018 and that is just about it for capacity in the prem. Maybe 100-150 more but certainly no more than that.

Let's be honest, if the Albion launched this scheme there'd be uproar that the club were taking the piss:

"If you have released your adult Season Card for a match and your seat has been used for that specific match you will receive £5; for Under-18s you receive £3 and for Under-8s you will get £1."

Details >>> https://www.htafc.com/news/2017/nov...rs-seats-available-through-terrier-exchange//

Yes, there would be some dissing but most just would not bother but........

Didn't town season tickets cost as little as £290 for adults? Scale that up to a tenner for us and some would prefer this over a voucher they are not going to use.

The problem with our joke of an exchage isn't the financial incentive, it's the fact no one knows about it. Something the club don't seem to want to change.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes but our season card was £190, therefore £10 a game, so you're getting a fiver back off next years season card price, and the club get to make some money by selling it on at £30 a ticket. What's so bad about that, it's better than getting nowt, not turning up, and the ground not being full. If you see empty spaces, then it's folk who can't be arsed with ticket exchange, because every game, yes even Brighton is a sell out. Yesterday 24018 and that is just about it for capacity in the prem. Maybe 100-150 more but certainly no more than that.

Good point and fair enough. But with your club selling those tickets on for £30, maybe giving the full tenner back would be a better gesture. Everyone involved is still a winner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The problem with our joke of an exchage isn't the financial incentive, it's the fact no one knows about it. Something the club don't seem to want to change.

It's sort of intentional though, isn't it? Our exchange is highly manual - the club probably can't or, at least, don't want the massive administrative burden that a large volume of tickets being exchanged would cause.

A programmatic exchange, such as the one Huddersfield have, is in the works, and has been for some time. I don't know what the latest status is, but the club may believe there is still limited demand for it, with only the biggest games selling out much before match day, if at all.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Barber likes to be over everything in micro detail, a control freak for sure. I am pleased we have him so I make those comments in a positive way. But given those skills he has it means to me he is actively choosing to marginalise the ticket exchange which is a real shame. Huddersfield seem to be prioritising atmosphere.

It's sort of intentional though, isn't it? Our exchange is highly manual - the club probably can't or, at least, don't want the massive administrative burden that a large volume of tickets being exchanged would cause.

A programmatic exchange, such as the one Huddersfield have, is in the works, and has been for some time. I don't know what the latest status is, but the club may believe there is still limited demand for it, with only the biggest games selling out much before match day, if at all.

I'm sure there was a club statement before the first game about a new exchange?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Surely if an automated scheme was in place where a season ticket holder could mark nonattendance a few months in advance and get a refund towards next years season ticket there would be much more demand? Trouble is the current scheme has little demand as it is a faff for all but having some sort of automated scheme is likely to create more demand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure there was a club statement before the first game about a new exchange?

Surely if an automated scheme was in place where a season ticket holder could mark nonattendance a few months in advance and get a refund towards next years season ticket there would be much more demand? Trouble is the current scheme has little demand as it is a faff for all but having some sort of automated scheme is likely to create more demand.

Probably worth re-directing you here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?356629-Paul-Barber-on-the-ticket-exchange

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Good point and fair enough. But with your club selling those tickets on for £30, maybe giving the full tenner back would be a better gesture. Everyone involved is still a winner.

Myself and a few thousand others paid £100 for our season tickets.

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
To put prices into perspective, Huddersfield season tickets were £199 before a certain date, and before we knew which division we'd be in, then £299 for the johnny cum lately's and glory hunters. On top of that approx 4000 fans got a refund as Dean Hoyle had promised anyone who'd had a season card every year since he took over, that they'd only pay £100 if we ever got to the Premiership. He honoured that promise.
Believe me, NO ONE is ever going to complain at Hudders, about only getting a fiver back if they give up their seat up for a game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here